Easter Bunny Stops Here for Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Bunny Stops Here for Ice Cream

From Beautiful, downtown Putnamville, IN . . .

Me and Mr. Pink . . .

Fun Fun Fun >>>

I had a couple of Scott314's car, but they are missing - I'll get some more of him tomorrow . . .

Hotter than hell for this time if year.

Proof that money can't buy you skills . . . THis guy was not very good . . .

More to follow some time after we get home.

Things that sucked :

Me intially getting failed on tech Friday night for WIPER BLADES!!!!!!! He didnt like the way they looked.

Also, not beling allowed to run my video setup - safety steward thought the cruise cam was a hazard.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Wiper blades? WTF? Are they expecting a full on surprise flood?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Use rain-x then tell them you have rain-x on the widows...that shit works better than the fucking wipers anyways.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe
        Wiper blades? WTF? Are they expecting a full on surprise flood?
        100 mph plus in heavy rain with shitty wiper blades isn't fun on track.

Damn, I really should have gone to this.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

You should have. 15 in C group... 11 in B group... 12 in A group.

I chased the Lambo for 4-5 laps and he didn't put any ground on me.

ES100s aren't great sport tires. Azenis carried a lot more speed in the turns, by far.

Comment

FOR JOSH!!!!1111

my car and instructor's

THE PIMP RYDES!!!!

MY FAST LIKES TO POWER UNDERSTEER!!!! and ruins marriages...

$2000, $22000, $166,000, $3500, $19,000

chasin the gallardo. (instructor said "it's it funny he paid over $100K to be the same speed as you")

guess what car is this...

love seeing these in cars

have had this seat for a few months now, might as well post

GRILLZ

"what are you doing" .. "taking a cool pic, don't worry"

motel6 tech session

I don't know why I didn't get a pic of the Euro 85 with a S50 and Ireland? BBK that on 15s could not be passed by my instructor's Cobra R.
            Last edited by rwh11385; 04-16-2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Just got home - I'll post more pics later. Suffice it to say I learned the value of a tow vehicle.

After an AMAZING final session where I was really on top of it (passing a decent e36 M and an M Coupe, and never even seeing the Lambo near me even though he started two cars behind me), I pitted, and packed up.

Then the car would not start. The organizers, Jerry and Bob came to my aid - we troubleshooted it, and even had the luck of having a trailered e30 there still to try swapping out some relays, the cranks sensor, etc before deciding the fuel pump was the likley culprit.

So, I am 160+ miles form home. Oops!!!

I could trailer it to Will's shop in Indy, then try and get a ride home, pay the shop and then have to come back for the car, or eat a big tow bill and DIY it later.

$425 tow bill.

Still, I had a fucking blast. I was WAY faster by the end of the weekend. My instructor was impressed with my significant gains, and other instructors, including two e30 M3 racers, sought me out at the end of the day today to give me good words.

I can't say enough about the people at Hoosier who ran the school. The tech guys who had me balled up Friday over wiper blades were the two who stood by and helped me tonight - trying to get it fixed and waiting for my tow.

Many pics to follow.

It was good to meet Scott 314 - we have hooked in another one for this addiction. Nice guy - he had a blast, I think.

Sadly no video, though. I'd have liked to shown some asshat losing it today and spinning out in front of me!!!!!

Charlie, you missed a good one.
              Last edited by Dave; 04-16-2006, 07:50 PM.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                100 mph plus in heavy rain with shitty wiper blades isn't fun on track.

-Charlie
                No doubt. And that is why he was concerned - the forecast called for rain, and we got a little this morning. And it made the track like an ice pond in the morning session. Just ask Heeter . . .

It was just frustrating at the time that after I had done so much to get things sorted out on this car, I failed to consider that the wiper blades would be a problem. Luckily, an Autozone was about 15 minutes away and still open. The thing about the blades that I had on there was not that they were worn out or brittle, they were some kind of cheap ass brand that the blade did not have a metal frame, but was this plastic, kind of cheap looking thing. That is what he didn't like. He was right to fail me on it.

I also had to get my battery strapped down better - both Scott and I had the same problem - a late night run to the 24 hour wamlmart yielded an easy solution.
                Last edited by Dave; 04-17-2006, 05:23 AM.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

Sorry I couldnt stay longer and be there for your moral support. You shoulda called me when you were havin problemos. I coulda driven you back to Cincy ;) lol. Glad you improved and had fun this weekend Dave. And its not surprising that Heeter spun out right in front of him. I bet when he did it you just chuckled and went on hahaha.

Will
                  RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                  Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                  DaveCN = Old Man
                  My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                  If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

He was very impressed with my 270 in front of him.

Apparantly being off line doesn't mix with a wet off-camber turn?! I should have ignored the classroom guy and just drove that like I always do, just slower.

Comment

What were your pressures in the ES100's?
                      Also, just what we need. A lambo to make heeter's ego so big that he can't walk through doors now :)

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                      Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                      Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

i was getting around 40 hot all around.

Comment

try 38 cold next time, see what difference it makes.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                          Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                          Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                            It is Z1.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                              Just got home - I'll post more pics later. Suffice it to say I learned the value of a tow vehicle.

After an AMAZING final session where I was really on top of it (passing a decent e36 M and an M Coupe, and never even seeing the Lambo near me even though he started two cars behind me), I pitted, and packed up.

Then the car would not start. The organizers, Jerry and Bob came to my aid - we troubleshooted it, and even had the luck of having a trailered e30 there still to try swapping out some relays, the cranks sensor, etc before deciding the fuel pump was the likley culprit.

So, I am 160+ miles form home. Oops!!!

I could trailer it to Will's shop in Indy, then try and get a ride home, pay the shop and then have to come back for the car, or eat a big tow bill and DIY it later.

$425 tow bill.

Still, I had a fucking blast. I was WAY faster by the end of the weekend. My instructor was impressed with my significant gains, and other instructors, including two e30 M3 racers, sought me out at the end of the day today to give me good words.

I can't say enough about the people at Hoosier who ran the school. The tech guys who had me balled up Friday over wiper blades were the two who stood by and helped me tonight - trying to get it fixed and waiting for my tow.

Many pics to follow.

It was good to meet Scott 314 - we have hooked in another one for this addiction. Nice guy - he had a blast, I think.

Sadly no video, though. I'd have liked to shown some asshat losing it today and spinning out in front of me!!!!!

Charlie, you missed a good one.

Dave,

Sometimes a dead FP can be brought back to life, perhaps temporarily, by taking a rear seat out and banging pretty hard on the access door several times. Preferably while trying to start the car. That's step #1 in Bentley Unofficial troubleshooting manual for no start situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X