• TobyB
    replied
    Passenger: 180 lbs.

t

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tasty
    replied
    Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
    but iirc the compressor cant just be unbolted/removed?..dont u have to remove something first to get to it?...
    remove from bracket?

Leave a comment:

• Bearmw
    replied
    I have stripped a lot of weight out of my 89 vert but failed to weigh anything. I think that even with the m30 swap it weighs less than stock. I hope to get it corner weighted this year just for curiosity sake.

What's been removed:

All A/C components
    spare tire
    factory amp
    all central locking components and wiring
    some other interior wiring
    power antenna
    stock battery
    metal from both bumpers as well as the mounts
    stock exhaust
    stock engine harness
    extra padding from under carpet
    all sound deadening material from floor
    engine compartment insulation
    engine bay cowl cover insulation
    stock seats
    third brake light

Stuff added but which still reduces weight some:
    D force 15x7 with 225/50/15
    UUC bbk
    M3 control arms
    trunk mounted battery but lighter than stock
    CF hood
    Recaro LS-b seats
    IE 25/19 sways may weigh less than stock up front due to hollow bar?
    single 2 1/2" exhaust from headers back
    15 lb. 533i flywheel

I added a nice Lukebox and amp (probably 60 pounds) but at least its in the right spot. I probably missed a few small things give or take.
    Last edited by Bearmw; 12-11-2015, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JRKOUPE
    replied
    but iirc the compressor cant just be unbolted/removed?..dont u have to remove something first to get to it?...

Leave a comment:

• kamotors
    replied
    I'm doing the same thing.I'm trying to shed another 150lbs but my cars already stripped, its somewhat difficult lol. I've even thinned out the body harness. going to have to start cutting and replacing things with fiberglass and carbon fiber.

Leave a comment:

• rcsoundn1
    replied
    becauseracecar

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I have a question... why?

edit: also this: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8331
    Last edited by 2mAn; 06-30-2015, 09:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Tasty
    replied
    Originally posted by J.Rizo View Post
    yeah I think I still think I have some lines to go. I got really confused though because one of the hoses that went to the AC also went to a bunch of other stuff its a long explanation but yeah I need to take a second look at it and make sure I got all the parts. because yeah it's in pounds and my weight is nowhere near 39 pounds...
    compressor is a solid 25 lbs alone.

Leave a comment:

• estoguy
    replied
    I don't have an exact weight, but there is a piece of press board under the spare tire. It's pretty weighty... I'd have to say at least 10 pounds.

I only put in in during the winter along with my mini patio stones to add weight to the rear for winter driving.

Leave a comment:

• J.Rizo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
    Is this lbs? When I weighed my complete AC set up including condenser and aux fan I got 18kg/39lb.
    yeah I think I still think I have some lines to go. I got really confused though because one of the hoses that went to the AC also went to a bunch of other stuff its a long explanation but yeah I need to take a second look at it and make sure I got all the parts. because yeah it's in pounds and my weight is nowhere near 39 pounds...

Leave a comment:

• J.Rizo
    replied
    Originally posted by irish44j View Post
    good list. Wish I had done this out of curiosity (granted my M10 318 started about 400lbs lighter than yours lol). Keep it up.

Do a manual window conversion and then you'll see some significant weight come off. Those motors and all the wiring/switches are pretty heavy.
    thanks man! and yeah non verts definitely have a head start haha.
    I've been thinking about that, but I love the convenience of the power windows. I'm especially gonna love it when I get the one touch conversion. so for now they'll stay manual. but maybe I'll switch down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Hooffenstein HD
    replied
    Originally posted by J.Rizo View Post
    AC components (I think I might've only gotten 80% of the pieces)-16.70.
    Is this lbs? When I weighed my complete AC set up including condenser and aux fan I got 18kg/39lb.

Leave a comment:

• irish44j
    replied
    good list. Wish I had done this out of curiosity (granted my M10 318 started about 400lbs lighter than yours lol). Keep it up.

Do a manual window conversion and then you'll see some significant weight come off. Those motors and all the wiring/switches are pretty heavy.

Leave a comment:

• J.Rizo
    started a topic Itemized Weight Reduction

Itemized Weight Reduction

I couldn't find any threads with itemized weights, so I decided to make one while gutting my daily. These are all parts off an 87 325i vert. I weighed in at 2,880 on a quarter tank of gas without me in it. I've yet to weigh in since I stated removing parts, going back soon though. Hope this helps anyone trying to decide whether or not they wanna remove something.

rear seat backrest with headrests and headrest brackets

rear seat bottom bench

carpet

rear door cards

floor mats (not including drivers mat)

dash with all vent plastics

HVAC box (no heater core)

heater core with both pipes

AC components (I think I might've only gotten 80% of the pieces)

various plastics (seatbelt cover, door sill, seat vents, etc)

unneeded wires (HVAC, heated seats,etc) still have more to go

glovebox including top and side plastics

both center consoles (including BMW car phone; awesome, I know)

tar under rear seats

tar from rear floor

tar from driver side front

tar from passenger front

tar from center console front & rear (more to remove since dash is gone)

I still have plenty of things to remove. Idk how useful this thread will be, but I will keep it updated as I go. Once I get as much weight out as possible, I will then start to replace parts with CF and FRP. Finally once the car is at its lightest, I will add weight back in where needed to correct the weight distribution.

If you guys have any questions let me know. Hopefully all the weights are mostly the same from verts to coupes to sedans.
    Last edited by J.Rizo; 07-13-2015, 01:58 PM.
Working...
X