Carbotech XP10 for HPDE track days with S52 swpa

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surebimmer
    replied
    I have two track days on these pads and i love them. Tracks where Laguna Seca, and Sears point. Huge upgrade from the Hawk HP+. Running stock rotors and no warping issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    I love PFC 08's.

    Leave a comment:


  • bradmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    I have not used HT-10 but I don't think there is even a comparison between HT-10 and PFC08. They PFC is going to be a better track pad in every way. More comparable to the PFC08 would be the Hawk DTC-60. The only reason anybody may use DTC-60's over PFC's is because of price.
    Picked up a set of the PFC-08's for the front and rears along with new rotors all around. Bedded them in before tracking for 2 days in 100 degree heat, they worked great as advertised. The old Hawk pads were completely trashed from the previous hpde so was tough to compare the two, I did like the Hawk's except for how horrendously squeaky they were. These PFC pads are not squeaky at all.
    I did re install the venting back on the front brakes, certainly didn't hurt in the heat.

    For the spammer, they were @ $50 more for the PFC pads. Spam on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dellissia797
    replied
    How big is the price difference?

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    I have not used HT-10 but I don't think there is even a comparison between HT-10 and PFC08. They PFC is going to be a better track pad in every way. More comparable to the PFC08 would be the Hawk DTC-60. The only reason anybody may use DTC-60's over PFC's is because of price.

    Leave a comment:


  • bradmer
    replied
    Anyone switched from the Hawk ht-10 to PFC 08? I like the Hawks and have no trouble with them just curious since the PFC 08 seems to be held in high regard by so many people.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    PFC-08 here on a swap car with stock rotors. No complaints.

    Leave a comment:


  • ian e30 318is
    replied
    I'm using Carbotech XP10's with my s52 swap for canyon driving and track days. They've felt great and lasted a decent amount of time, but I'll be switching to PFC01 or 08 on my next set.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    I absolutely love my PFC 08's. Bed them in on your first few out laps at the track. They last a long time and have great performance, only downside is they are pretty spendy.

    Leave a comment:


  • plain325
    replied
    Originally posted by mwagner10702

    1) Likely you didn't bed the pads in properly. Were you running a street pad before the pad swap?
    2) If they are a race compound you are probably not getting the pads into the correct operating temperature zone.
    3) Likely have pad deposits left over from the street pads on your rotors and / or you have some glazing on the pads.
    Im about to pull the trigger on new pads, remembered this thread, wanted to make sure PFC08s were the hot ticket.

    I tried following the carbotech break instructions as closely as possible, but where is a person supposed to reasonably do that?
    I have never run used rotors with new pads.
    xp-10 does not list a lower temp range, however the higher rated xp12 lists 250F at the low end. My infrared temp gun would indicate ~500F on the rotors after a cooldown lap. I could also see signifigant pad deposits on the rotor after a session. I dont think i was below their temperature range.

    Leave a comment:


  • mwagner10702
    replied
    Originally posted by plain325
    . . . . but i tend to get terrible brake shudder after a few sessions.
    1) Likely you didn't bed the pads in properly. Were you running a street pad before the pad swap?
    2) If they are a race compound you are probably not getting the pads into the correct operating temperature zone.
    3) Likely have pad deposits left over from the street pads on your rotors and / or you have some glazing on the pads.
    Last edited by mwagner10702; 08-08-2019, 08:25 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mwagner10702
    replied
    The PRO3 guys here in the Northwest run Performance Friction pads (PFC11 in front and PFC08 in the rear. Some run PFC11 all around). I personally run Cobalt Friction pads (XR2 in front and XR4 in the rear). The Cobalt Friction pads have great initial bite and a nice torque curve.

    My track setup is Ground Control coil overs with 550lb front and 750lb rear springs, 22mm and 19mm sways and Pirelli Trofeo R tires on 15x8 Kosie K1 wheels.
    Last edited by mwagner10702; 08-08-2019, 08:26 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • kevnj
    replied
    I’m running a massive race kit on my swap car. While the initial $’s needed made my knees shake doing the math my break even point is about 4 years. I’m on the same set of pads after 20 days on track and they are only half worn! The rotors have plenty of meat on them too. Using Wilwoods highest friction pad (manual brakes) they are only 120-140 a set. Braking confidence also allows for extremely late braking. If your gonna stay in the sport for the long haul it’s something to consider.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    Originally posted by agent
    I prefer the PFC break-in method:

    1. Install PFC-08s and fresh rotors*
    2. Bleed brakes*
    3. Drag brakes during out/pace/warm-up lap
    4. Marvel at your braking prowess
    5. Rinse and repeat once pads are used up

    *at track if desired
    ^^ This

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Never have "broke in pads" and just put them on and send it. Lol.

    Just like the guys that weave on the out lap, not sure it's much more than a farse.

    Generally new pads/rotors go on in the garage/cold pit, squeeze the old fluid from the lines, then do a "14hr hot lap" with zero change in wear or performance.

    Leave a comment:

Working...