Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Rally cars???

Hey,
    Just wondering if there are any guys rallying or RallyXing here??

what suspension are you using? and how much work was it to get it ready?

What kind of rallying are you doing? You can do local rallys with a stock e30 with just a set of tires. If you want to do some pro level stuff, I've seen everything up to fully custom suspension using dual shocks and other cool shit haha.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

well im going to start with rallyx (just stock stuff) ... but i want to move up and do stage rally,

i was just wondering what kind of support is out there for the e30 rally car? any people i could talk to..... i just wanna know where to look to find rally parts and suspension.

(basically i dont want to get into something that wont have much support, and have to do A LOT of custom work.....)

-Pieter

Comment

I've researched it a little bit after seeing a car on e30.de with about a foot of air.

There is a "e30 spec" rally club but they aren't in the U.S. You've got to translate it unless you can speak german. I'm not sure if their required mods are the best for off road, but you can be the judge.

http://www.ig318is.de ----> Translated

Requirements for their spec cars translated.

http://www.rallye-mania.de/index.html ----> Translated

With stock suspension and a skid plate I think I could go anywhere in the desert here. I actually wanted to build a rally car with off road tires that I could drive literally anywhere, but I don't have the time or space for such a build right now.
        Last edited by DEV0 E30; 04-04-2007, 07:31 AM.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

325is, lowered on H&Rsports/bilstiens, all season tires, 666 fab skidplate.

It was brand new the day before. Haha.

I think I got last in my class (rallyx is cumulative), but I had a shitload of fun.

'88 325is
          VP UT of Austin Autoholics
          BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Nice pics! and thanks for the links DEVO,

i really love e30's and im looking for a noobie rally car, trying to convince myself to get an e30 instead of something more mainstream (SE-R, XR4TI...)

-Jordan, what class was your car in?? and do you know of any rally suspension for the e30?

Comment

I was in "PR", or "prepared RWD".

There was only a few classes. SR, SF, PR, PF, JD ("junkyard dog, cars under $1000), T (the trucks "tow"), and a class or two for the crazy AWD cars.

'88 325is
              VP UT of Austin Autoholics
              BMWCCA 380364

Comment

rallys fun as shit we rally in the 87 vw scirroco that we have all the time. My e30 is way to low to rally though and not purpose built for that :(. Id run stock springs with some konis. And some nasty sways. But thats just me.

Comment

I would like to do this with my iX... anybody know of and PNW events/clubs?

1989 325iX
                  1995 540i
                  1986 325eS R.I.P.
                  1984 325e R.I.P.

Comment

The next event is May 6th in Hillsboro.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadFirst View Post
                      http://www.oregonrally.com/

The next event is May 6th in Hillsboro.
                      Awsome! Thanks

1989 325iX
                      1995 540i
                      1986 325eS R.I.P.
                      1984 325e R.I.P.

Comment

RallyX is awesome. I went once with my old E30, and once in my E46 (yes I know stupid, but we nearly blew up friends Talon so decided I would just drive the lease car :) )

I ran with a set of snow tires on the E30 and was able to beat most of the Subies that were running since I had better traction for all but one section that was just a mud pond.

And just for fun the E46 without the bumper, didn't want to break that expensive piece of plastic
                        SM 19 - Serial Destroyer of Cars
                        Turbo '89 325i - It lives! Now the question is for how long?
                        2SlowRcing.com

Comment

Originally posted by rsafier View Post
                          Um are you for real. ? Thats awesome.

Comment

I've been thinking about something like this aswell for a while. Would LOVE to run my e30 in a rally event, but I'm not sure that it's practical.

Comment

I've been wanting to rally my e30 since I first got it. A friend an I have been trying to put together an e30 rally car for a really long time.

I found some info and links on dirtye30.com I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet.

~Zar4

Comment

Working...
                              X