No announcement yet.

Massive side-mount adapter install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the Corbeau brackets are complete for their seats. Why would they sell you something otherwise? All Corbeaus are bottom mount, but a few of their seats can also be side mounted if you wish (such as the FX1).

And personally, side mount > bottom mount.
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Side mounts are SUBSTANTIALLY more rigid that the bottom mounts. Scott had his bottom mounted at first and your could twist the hell out the seat. It flexed a ton once he got it out on track so he went with a side mount set up.
      sigpic
      DE's are a tease.
      Build a racecar.

Comment

Originally posted by 155///MPH View Post
        Side mounts are SUBSTANTIALLY more rigid that the bottom mounts. Scott had his bottom mounted at first and your could twist the hell out the seat. It flexed a ton once he got it out on track so he went with a side mount set up.
        For once... everything JP said is true.

Scott///M | 1988 325is | 2004 Z71 Suburban | 2003 325i

Comment

I'd like to add that sidemounts have some flex designed-in to better follow the shape of the seat. But when fastened, they become very rigid.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I will have a new batch of sidemounts produced. Instead of having them laser cut, they will now be CNC machined, brushed and anodized for added protection against scratches. I will try to keep the price at $70 + shipping. You'll be able to use them on stock BMW sliders, or directly on the floor with your own angle sections.

Now sure what color the anodization yet though. Probably a light grey. Nothing to flashy.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              I will have a new batch of sidemounts produced. Instead of having them laser cut, they will now be CNC machined, brushed and anodized for added protection against scratches. I will try to keep the price at $70 + shipping. You'll be able to use them on stock BMW sliders, or directly on the floor with your own angle sections.

Now sure what color the anodization yet though. Probably a light grey. Nothing to flashy.
              Sweeet. You should do them in a zinno-ish red
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

Black imo, just so they don't stand out much :)

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
                Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
                E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

i say black too. Lee, can I get them cheaper if they are just bare aluminum?

Comment

Black is indeed a good choice. Non-anodized will not be cheaper, and only offered on special order (and before they are produced). Keeping in stock different options is difficult. A BMW with the sunroof-delete option is more expensive than with sunroof.

I started a GB in the appropriate section.

Last edited by Massive Lee; 02-03-2008, 07:46 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                    X