Classifieds Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotJesus View Post
    So I just encountered my first major issue using panjo. I came on r3v today, -'d realized panjo has marked one of my FS threads that I haven't updated in a week or two as 'sold'. Aparantly someone sent me a payment (1/4 of my asking price for what I was selling) through panjo without discussing anything or communicating with me at all, so I had no way of knowing that any transaction took place, until I happened to look through my panjo profile this morning (totally by chance). Ive never felt comforatable with this panjo service being incorporated into our forums, and I've never had any intention of actually selling anything, or atleast receiving payment through panjo. I've always considered it as something we must work around as sellers, and have never experienced a legitimate issue with it until this.
    I view this as a major issue, as my ad has been marked as sold, and some random guy has his money tied up in the panjo add linked to my for sale thread without me knowing at all.
    I understand and realize that creating more security for the marketplace on r3v is necessary, and I agree in that panjo helps the progression of this necessity. I am also 100% convinced that we, as users, should contribute in some way to this sites upkeep, as many people get truly valuable services from r3v- weather it be the archives of information, or the ability to advertise in a huge classified ad community.
    This issue however, is representative of a step in the wrong direction. It was clearly caused by me not paying attention to my panjo account, but regardless, I'm sure many other people use the FS sections in the 'traditional manner' (simply posting ads and paying/recieving payment through PayPal), in which case this issue is liable to happen pretty often. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this as I don't have a legitimate solution- other than suggesting that panjo should not enable people to pay us without having legitimate communication between both parties. While an eBay-esque marketplace is more secure, safer, etc, many if not the majority of users on r3v do not operate like an eBay vendor.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I looked into this transaction for you and do see that you created and advertised your listing for $1 on Panjo, but in the descriptions, noted that you were expecting $300 for the skirts and door panels and/or $120 for the valence.

listing.jpg

Though we don't require our veteran forum members to process payment with us, we do ask that you keep the quality of the listings high in the marketplace by setting a price that accurately reflects your asking price. Aside from posting them to r3vlimited, we often run Google shopping ads, Facebook ads, and email promotions to targeted audiences in order to increase your chances of making a sale.

With regards to this transaction, on January 6th, 2017, a buyer entered payment information for a $100 offer. Panjo confirmed and authorized the payment with their bank. Subsequently, an email was sent to the email associated with your Panjo account letting you know about the pending offer payment and asking you whether you'd like to accept the pending offer for the valence, counter the offer, or decline & relist the item. Completely up to you!

email.jpg

I deeply apologize as it seems you might have missed this email or it were filtered by a spam folder that resulted in this horrible experience.

For clarity, we recently implemented binding offers from buyers to ensure seamless payment collection for sellers. We apologize if there has been any confusion during this transitionary period.

Moving forward, if you have multiple items for sale, we always recommend splitting them up into individual listings. This increases visibility of each of your items and prevents any confusion when you are selling your item(s). Alternatively, you can increase the quantity of your listing(s) based off the number of items you have for sale so that your listing isn't taken down after one sale. Buyers will be able to send you custom offers for each item using the 'Make an Offer' button.

As an active seller myself, I completely understand that this sounds like an extra step in your traditional selling process, but the extra few minutes that is taken to separate listings, set accurate listing titles/asking prices, and listing great items really make a huge difference in how well Panjo and Google are able to index your listings in search results and help you make a sale.

Hope this clears up any confusion! As always, we're always looking for feedback to how we can bring your community an even better marketplace experience. You can always reach us at support@panjo.com or visit our support forum at community.panjo.com.

Comment

i listed my part out on Panjo, but it didnt create a thread here in the classifieds section. Is that supposed to be the case??

Comment

Originally posted by quanaman View Post
        i listed my part out on Panjo, but it didnt create a thread here in the classifieds section. Is that supposed to be the case??
        After creating your listing, you have to select the forum category where you would like your thread to be generated. You can follow our quick FAQ guide!

- Brian at Panjo

Comment

Panjo, a member was banned here the other day. Today he posted up For Sale listings using Panjo. I just deleted his whole profile to see if that would stop it. Is there any way to stop future banned members from posting listings on here?

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
            Panjo, a member was banned here the other day. Today he posted up For Sale listings using Panjo. I just deleted his whole profile to see if that would stop it. Is there any way to stop future banned members from posting listings on here?
            Jason, PM us their seller username. We'll ban them on Panjo as well as any associated IP addresses we have on file for that user.

Comment

PM sent.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by panjo View Post
                PM us their seller username. We'll ban them on Panjo as well as any associated IP addresses we have on file for that user.
                I hope this does not have to be the process going forward.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  I hope this does not have to be the process going forward.
                  In order for a seller to generate a listing thread to your forum, they have to connect their Panjo account with a r3vlimited account in 'good standing' (an account that has met your minimum forum criteria to post).

On our end, we can track and ban associated IP addresses to a user's account on Panjo.com as well do our best to moderate and spot check new listings through our listing moderation queue. However, we wouldn't be able to prevent them from separately creating a new forum account on your site and posting to your forum.

If you have ideas for how we can smoothen out this process for you going forward, you can reach me directly at brian.lee@panjo.com.

- Brian

Comment

Originally posted by panjo View Post
                    In order for a seller to generate a listing thread to your forum, they have to connect their Panjo account with a r3vlimited account in 'good standing' (an account that has met your minimum forum criteria to post).

On our end, we can track and ban associated IP addresses to a user's account on Panjo.com as well do our best to moderate and spot check new listings through our listing moderation queue. However, we wouldn't be able to prevent them from separately creating a new forum account on your site and posting to your forum.

If you have ideas for how we can smoothen out this process for you going forward, you can reach me directly at brian.lee@panjo.com.

- Brian
                    We understand that they can create a new account, there is one guy on here that probably been banned and IP banned so many times its just pathetic... Finally just gave up on him. But the issue here seems to be when we ban someone we have to contact you guys that we banned them. Although the ban hammer hasn't been used much lately.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I just had tried making an offer on a Panjo listing. No response form the seller until I PM'D him through r3v. now Panjo tells me I have to wait 2-3 days to see my money back.

Why the heck am I forced to pay BEFORE an offer is accepted?? Panjo site said I would not be charged until the offer was accepted. So I don't get it. I most certainly Do NOT trust it.

I will NOT be buying or selling in Panjo. Period.
                      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                        We understand that they can create a new account, there is one guy on here that probably been banned and IP banned so many times its just pathetic... Finally just gave up on him. But the issue here seems to be when we ban someone we have to contact you guys that we banned them. Although the ban hammer hasn't been used much lately.
                        Ah got it. If you guys are IP banning members and preventing them from creating new accounts on your forum, you shouldn't have to worry about listing threads being generated to your forum. You don't have to contact us every time you ban someone, although it would help for us to remove them from Panjo as well.

We do have a fraud prevention software integrated on Panjo.com that utilizes machine learning to better detect fraudulent/malicious behavior with every day that passes.

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                        I just had tried making an offer on a Panjo listing. No response form the seller until I PM'D him through r3v. now Panjo tells me I have to wait 2-3 days to see my money back.

Why the heck am I forced to pay BEFORE an offer is accepted?? Panjo site said I would not be charged until the offer was accepted. So I don't get it. I most certainly Do NOT trust it.

I will NOT be buying or selling in Panjo. Period.
                        Sorry to throw you off! We are currently in the middle of a transition into binding offers to help streamline payment collection for sellers, while providing you with more communication tools to help you agree on a price before committing.

Today, we released the ability to privately email a seller for items you're interested in. For security, both you and the seller's emails are masked so your private information will not be displayed.

For clarity, when you make an offer, you are now committing to pay the amount you've offered and are reserving the item. Subsequently, we send an email to notify the seller every time they make a sale, receive an offer, or receive a notification for their listing.

Your offer amount is temporarily held as we wait for the seller to respond with their preferred method of payment. If they decide they can no longer fulfill the transaction, the hold on your payment is lifted. Though we reference 2-3 business days, it usually lifts and is removed from your bank/PayPal statement almost immediately.

If you have any suggestions or additional feedback for what we should do to bring you a better marketplace experience, please feel free to reach out to me directly at brian.lee@panjo.com or give us a call. We're all ears!

- Brian

Comment

Hi Panjo (Brian)

Your note was full of info and polite. It didn't address my concerns though.
                          Your approach to handling offers is flawed. Seems like youre trying to be eBay+PayPal in their glory days, but you're bungling the execution.

You are in fact INTERFERING with transactions with this heavy handed design thinking of yours. Why are you involved with managing offers at all? Why are you collecting payment in unaccepted offers when your app says you you would not?

Yesterday you took my $$. I had to wait for the seller to reject my offer before I got it back. That SUCKS. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to raise anxiety. It makes buyers and sellers trust you less than they already do. WE DIDNT CHOOSE PANJO. It was forced on us. You're making a bad situation worse.

I used to love coming to r3v, partly for the build threads and advice, partly for the classifieds. There's no fun in the latter anymore, and plenty of alternatives including facebook. I have 6 listings there right now, posted across four different groups. none here.

@James Crivelone you have PM.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

One more thing. You say you're anonymizing communications betweeen buyer and seller. What the hell for? We already know each other's handles on r3v, and many members choose handles that don't personally identify them anyway. If I ever look at a listing here again(doubtful), I'll just look for their handle and PM them on whatever forum they're from.

Like I said, unwelcome heavy handed interference

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Does anyone owning or running r3v give a damn about this at all? Or is traffic down so much cuz the kiddies are all posting to fb that you've given up?

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                                Does anyone owning or running r3v give a damn about this at all? Or is traffic down so much cuz the kiddies are all posting to fb that you've given up?
                                Tell us how you really feel
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X