This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smooth View Post
    you might have been in open loop the first run.

HC is incomplete combustion so it could be either lean or rich. Can't really know without the other numbers. The problem with smog is that it's a system.

So you can look at NOx (combustion temps) and try to figure out the cause and look at the HC (incomplete combustion) and try to figure out the cause. But you can't look at them in isolation.

So I'm just thinking out loud here. If you had high O2 that would be excess oxygen...that would indicate that you were lean, right (not enough fuel mixing with the air to get the right ratio)? dunno check that against my earlier statement about which way indicates lean. and if you were lean you're misfiring and the combustion temps go higher leading to more NOx.

so you can try and reason this stuff out.
    that page I linked provides an even deeper explanation of what is actually happening when the piston is moving up and down in the cylinder that's beyond my knowledge so I can't really paraphrase it for you.

I don't really know what e30trooper is talking about. He's repeating things he's heard but not really explaining his reasoning so I think probably best to ignore advice like that and do your maintenance. I explained what happens when valves are out of adjustment.
    thanks for that! very informative! i also didn't really get the engine nice and hot like I would liked to.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
    my feedback thread

Comment

I really recommend you guys keep all your past smog slips. I couldn't find mine after the divorce and when I had to trouble shoot in '09 it was much more difficult than if I had my smog history. Now that I've been cleaning my storage unit I finally found the past ten years of smog slips and I can watch what has happened over the years.

This is an interesting resource, too.

It might be a good idea to contribute if you have long term plans with your e30...say you want to keep it for the next 30-40 years and pass it to your children.
      Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Anyone have any black vinyl comfort seats? Leather would work too.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
          Anyone have any black vinyl comfort seats? Leather would work too.
          BrownBeanE30 does but I don't know if he wants to sell him.

Comment

anyone got a 800-1k watt amp they wanna sell me? need one for the sub i ordered. need my bass back!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
            my feedback thread

Comment

anyone got a hitch they want to sell me?

Comment

I might actually have something for you.

I have an old school Sony before they went to shit Xplode or whatever, a JL audio (but that's brand new in the box) and something that was selling here years ago can't remember the name but held in high regard (also brand new).

The Sony would be your best bet. I have to dig it out.

Comment

i'm sending you a pm!

my feedback thread

Comment

i've talked to the ref guy at elco before, cool guy, but very much by the book. cone filters are a no-go.
                    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Reason being cause the previous guy got caught or someshit like that....

Mike SMU??

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
                      1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
                      1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

Still don't know what that means. I have a feeling that it's a gay comment though.
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

smu=suck my uterus?
                          not sure how one would do that but whatevz.

Originally posted by yert315
                          Your mother is plug n play

Comment

god dammit i love not having to deal with emissions anymore

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                            Ig:ryno_pzk
                            I like the tuna here.
                            Originally posted by lambo
                            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

never seen type a's on anything besides e30s for some reason. this car is sick.

Originally posted by yert315
                              Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
                                smu=suck my uterus?
                                not sure how one would do that but whatevz.
                                it's suck me up, duh!

edit:

12. SMU
                                A very cute but very small boy. So small in fact, that the 5-letter word SMURF, signifying very small person, doesn't fit on any of his clothing - so he can only fit the first 3 letters on his sweater.
                                * I saw that picture of SMU wearing that red dress - he is soooo cute!

* The ladies (and the guys) like SMU because he's cute, cuddly and about
                                the same size as a teddy bear.
                                Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
                                never seen type a's on anything besides e30s for some reason. this car is sick.
                                http://www.stancenation.com/2012/02/...nia-with-love/
                                thing is on bags, which in my opinion, kills it.

my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                                X