Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of it was the valve cover, replaced that.

Trying to find the other few leaks. Such a pita , should have just replaced everything since it was out of the car.. i was told it didn't leak at all.

Comment

I just did my oil pan gasket & im oil free! So far lol its a hassle though, Dropping the steering rack & BS
      Originally posted by e30lov
      sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
      Adventures of an E30

Comment

Just got a bottom end gasket set for the motor I'm building. Leaks everywhere. :(
        -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
        Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
        Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
        Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
        Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Originally posted by Robert23 View Post

Trying to find the other few leaks. Such a pita , should have just replaced everything since it was out of the car.. i was told it didn't leak at all.

welcome to the world of swaps. Nothing is drop in and don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert23 View Post

I had no leaks, except for a touch of oil condensation on the bottom of the pan when I had the motor in my car... Maybe a drip or two a week, nothing more. Didn't leak at all in my driveway the day it was delievered when I test ran it. Wonder what happened?? Best of luck though, that engine was a champ in my car. Shouldn't have been the valve cover as that was done July 7th with the Besian vanos shims...

I did recommend going over the engine when it was out, just as was done when mine was swapped. Feel bad though... Seriously question as to what happened between pulling, transportation and install?

Comment

it's rigged!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

GAH i've had the shittiest past week.

the money i spent on my last transfer case was spent before it was even pulled from the car, so now i won't be able to get a refund for a while. paypal is still minimum of 2-3 weeks from resolving the first one i bought too.

$828 spent
                result: no working transfer case. *sigh*
                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Damn curse of the ix.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Wow. Well what goes down must come up right?... Or is it the other way around...
                    '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                    '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                    Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                      GAH i've had the shittiest past week.

the money i spent on my last transfer case was spent before it was even pulled from the car, so now i won't be able to get a refund for a while. paypal is still minimum of 2-3 weeks from resolving the first one i bought too.

$828 spent
                      result: no working transfer case. *sigh*
                      I say you mail it back to him so he can refund the money that is being held by paypal.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                        I say you mail it back to him so he can refund the money that is being held by paypal.
                        that's not an option anymore...he has long since refused to take it back.
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Tough break Mike.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Just send it back. Surprise him.

Originally posted by yert315
                            Your mother is plug n play

Comment

sure, then i'm out my money and any remaining leverage i might have on him.
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

shame man, I had similar issues sourcing my euro bumpers. only some of those guys over in UK didn't even bother sending me junk...just nothing at all :|

turned me off from working on my cabrio for a few years, didn't even participate on the boards for that long either. hope it doesn't affect your love of participating in the community because it made me sketch every time I pay someone for a really long time...only recently recovered. that's actually why I started selling a lot of my personal stuff that was intended for projects. just want to go back to driving for a bit and get out of the shady side of this hobby.
                                Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Working...
                                X