Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the e39 aftermarket, there's no need to get an m5 unless of course you want the s62 engine, m interior. Everything else is cheap these days. M5 will hold its value better but you have to decide if they are worth it since e39 528i are dirt cheap. Only a matter of time before LS swaps find their way into e39s as well to make things interesting.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

wrap it with clear vinyl

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        With the e39 aftermarket, there's no need to get an m5 unless of course you want the s62 engine, m interior. Everything else is cheap these days. M5 will hold its value better but you have to decide if they are worth it since e39 528i are dirt cheap these days. Only a matter of time before LS swaps find their way into e39s as well to make things interesting.
        Shhhh, I wanted to try that next...

Eddie, I feel like since its your lip a flat white bumper paint should do the trick if you can find one that matches good...I cant understand everyones obsession with Plastidip

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
        Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Ya, black would look like shit on my car. I bought a sheet of laminx so maybe I i will get it done professionally and then laminx it.
          sigpic
          TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
          FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Hey duderz, gonna be passing through LA on weds, anyone have an iS lip they want to sell, used or new. I'll pick it up. Thanks!
            Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
              Have you driven one? They are definitely fantastic.

I'd take that over the E46 M3 any day but as mentioned maintenance won't be cheap.
              not yet, however, i keep seeing this one dude who likes to downshift by me on the freeway and take off. looks so good and sounds so damn mean and i've been watching youtube videos and reading up on them. i'm going to drop by one of the dealers near here and give it a test drive. and i agree, i would way rather have the e39 m5 over the e46 m3.

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              With the e39 aftermarket, there's no need to get an m5 unless of course you want the s62 engine, m interior. Everything else is cheap these days. M5 will hold its value better but you have to decide if they are worth it since e39 528i are dirt cheap. Only a matter of time before LS swaps find their way into e39s as well to make things interesting.
              yeah but i like the interior as well as the mirrors and especially the s62. plus the way i look at it, is if something happens to the car, i can buy back from insurance company, keep motor and sell off car for parts. :)

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

Hey guys a question. can someone post a picture of the little peice on the steering wheel or steering wheel hub that hits the turn signal to cancel it?

Since I have had my car I have had to cancel the signals manually which blows nuts.

I have a momo steering wheel and a momo hub and there is nothing that comes close to hitting the turn signal cancel.

Does anyone have photos of this part from the side of he steering wheel? I don't want to not use something other than my momo hub and momo steering wheel but if I have to i'll buy a new hub and steering wheel to get this working.

If I have I will ues a BMW steering wheel and steering hub. Please let me know or send me a pic so i know what to look for. It's driving me crazy.

thanks in advance.
                -Art

Comment

Originally posted by Deathtoll View Post
                  Hey guys a question. can someone post a picture of the little peice on the steering wheel or steering wheel hub that hits the turn signal to cancel it?

Since I have had my car I have had to cancel the signals manually which blows nuts.

I have a momo steering wheel and a momo hub and there is nothing that comes close to hitting the turn signal cancel.

Does anyone have photos of this part from the side of he steering wheel? I don't want to not use something other than my momo hub and momo steering wheel but if I have to i'll buy a new hub and steering wheel to get this working.

If I have I will ues a BMW steering wheel and steering hub. Please let me know or send me a pic so i know what to look for. It's driving me crazy.

thanks in advance.
                  The part that resets it is at the end of the stalk there should be a little white tab hanging out that resets it, not 100% how it works exactly but it wont matter what steering wheel you use, mine works sometimes and I have a momo hub and monza wheel

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

Here's what mine looks like

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                    -Art

Comment

...yea ur gonna have to take that apart, and take the pastic off the steering column

Comment

Just take teh horn button off and there should be if my memory serves me right, a 19mm nut. Unscrew that and put the key into accessory mode and then pull the wheel off. From there you just take out some phillips head screws and voila.
                        sigpic
                        TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                        FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Originally posted by mcskibadee1 View Post
                          Has anyone ordered touchup spray paint fro their E30s?

My lip gets pretty battered so I was thinking of having a cheap easy way to repair every 6 months or so.
                          http://www.paintscratch.com/

Matches my paint almost perfectly, have repainted my lip about 3 times so far... lipstick might also work, or a less abusive beau ;-)

Comment

Oh hai guys

Comment

Fuck you.

I need my shift lever by Saturday

Comment

yeah, fuck you robert.

bring my money wednesday.

:)

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                                my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                                X