Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hear :( what were the readings? what hasn't been replaced recently? spark plugs? 02? CAT? exhaust leaks? dead hooker in the trunk?

Comment

you mean you have to maintain the engine for it to combust properly?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
        you mean you have to maintain the engine for it to combust properly?
        PLease don't put false info on our forum. KTHXBYE
        harry/harout

Comment

He said NO(PPM) was high might be O2 or cat.
          Haven't replace 02 nor the dead hooker :/
          Attached Files
          -Carlos

Comment

blah can't really see it but it says
            NO(PPM)
            Max Ave Meas
            815 259 1999
            -Carlos

Comment

That high NO numbers. You either have a lean fuel mixture or your cat/02 is gone.
              harry/harout

Comment

Fudge.. thanks
                -Carlos

Comment

how can i be sure its 02/cat or just lean mixture? or should i just replace cat and o2?
                  -Carlos

Comment

I pretty sure your 02 would be responsible for the mixture to begin with. Not sure how to diagnose either of those. If you have no knowledge of them being changed, I would change them.
                    harry/harout

Comment

just replace the o2 and cat. thats what i did when i had a high NO reading. i actually changed the o2 and it made it worse. then i changed the cat and all is good.
                      -Paolo
                      1986 325e RIP.
                      1989 525i
                      1986 635CSI

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                        I pretty sure your 02 would be responsible for the mixture to begin with. Not sure how to diagnose either of those. If you have no knowledge of them being changed, I would change them.
                        Yeah ok the PO didn't mention anything about replacing O2.

Originally posted by PReta View Post
                        just replace the o2 and cat. thats what i did when i had a high NO reading. i actually changed the o2 and it made it worse. then i changed the cat and all is good.
                        Not what i wanted to hear lol but ok i will replace both and hope it passes thanks!
                        -Carlos

Comment

you can try replacing a cat first but just replace both to be safe
                          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Start with the o2 it's cheaper and may be all you need, a good number of shops will throw the car on their machine for a nominal fee without making it an official test, that way you know what's going on when you replace the o2.

Grab a universal o2 sensor from your local Oreilly, not autozone but Oreilly just avoid autozone and go to Oreilly, crimp your plug in and you'll be set for about 30$
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                              you can try replacing a cat first but just replace both to be safe
                              Since i don't know when the PO replaced the O2 i'll replace it. Now to look for a cat :/ thanks
                              -Carlos

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                                Start with the o2 it's cheaper and may be all you need, a good number of shops will throw the car on their machine for a nominal fee without making it an official test, that way you know what's going on when you replace the o2.

Grab a universal o2 sensor from your local Oreilly, not autozone but Oreilly just avoid autozone and go to Oreilly, crimp your plug in and you'll be set for about 30$

. i will go to oreilly right now. theres a smog place a block away from my house i will ask if they run a test to see what happens. thanks!
                                -Carlos

Comment

Working...
                                X