Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely agree with you on that Matt......And good morning to all that drive e30's.
    Last edited by QUKBMER; 05-07-2014, 07:45 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Oh so if we don't drive an E30 it's just a big f*ck you, I see.....lol

DT.

Comment

I can't believe E30s are 30 years old at this point. In 1996 when I got my license I was driving a 1966 chrysler New Yorker and that thing looked like a fucking dinosaur and I got thumbs ups everywhere and people always coming up to me asking questions. The style from 1966 to 1996 changed so drastically where as, at least for me the e30 doesn't have that "vintage" feeling....yet. But I guess when you have a timeless design there is something to be said about that.
        sigpic
        TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
        FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Maybe our plastic bumpered e30s, still look too generic. I will one day own a euro bumper mtech1 car., maybe then I will be accepted into the "VINTAGE" group.

All in all, I don't even care anymore., it's just my polished turd, I don't need acceptance from special groups. As long as it's good to my needs, it'll be my pride and joy till I'm sick of it.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

i wish "polished turd" fit on a license plate

Comment

Originally posted by mcskibadee1 View Post
              I can't believe E30s are 30 years old at this point. In 1996 when I got my license I was driving a 1966 chrysler New Yorker and that thing looked like a fucking dinosaur and I got thumbs ups everywhere and people always coming up to me asking questions. The style from 1966 to 1996 changed so drastically where as, at least for me the e30 doesn't have that "vintage" feeling....yet. But I guess when you have a timeless design there is something to be said about that.
              How many times has the 3-series body style changed since the e30 ? 5 or 6 times ? And the model 3 series is dead now right? I would say it does have vintage status now.
              Last edited by QUKBMER; 05-07-2014, 11:48 AM.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Check this out.......... http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_do...idered_vintage

Comment

And someday E36's will be vintage and we will scoff at the idea just like 2002/1600 guys might scoff at E30's being vintage. You might not believe it but you gotta accept it.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                    And someday E36's will be vintage and we will scoff at the idea just like 2002/1600 guys might scoff at E30's being vintage. You might not believe it but you gotta accept it.
                    Then Vintage will be full of LS swaps, big turbos, and vanos rattle.

Originally posted by blunttech
                    Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                      Then Vintage will be full of LS swaps, big turbos, and vanos rattle.
                      One might argue that they already have with E30's.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

No choice for me, I'll be working a booth at Bimmerfest all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                          One might argue that they already have with E30's.
                          I fit into 2 of those categories. Oops :-D

Originally posted by blunttech
                          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

The E30 is vintage technically because it's 30 years old but I say it's just timeless. It looked great when it was 10 years old, 20, and 30 I believe it will forever.

DT.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tripp View Post
                              The E30 is vintage technically because it's 30 years old but I say it's just timeless. It looked great when it was 10 years old, 20, and 30. I believe it will forever.

DT.
                              perfectly worded

Comment

all my friends are talking about bimmerfest

and i gotta be at berkley for a graduation.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X