Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a dilemma on my hands. I found a '74 2002 roller with a clean title, recaros & a ton of extra parts for a steal of a deal. problem is that I have to go get it this weekend and I dont really have room for it. I could fit it into my garage but then the E30 gets parked outside again and Ive been ticketed once already. I kinda want to do it still but its not a logical decision... I told myself one project at a time and this would be project #2, if you dont consider my E30 a project car, which I dont
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

whats the other project car?
      sigpic

Comment

its a long term one. Im building a kit car from scratch, though I have most of the big pieces already.

The 2002 would be a full resto, though I would probably build it into a vintage racer but that only eliminates a few steps
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

damn, i'd love a kit car. but i also never thought i'd like a car as much as the e30 and got a 2002, those cars are just awesome.

id say spring for it if it's that good a deal, you can always drop an m10 into it and at least get your coin back.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
            Talking tires, I need to go hunt down a set of 205/55/15s this weekend
            Find me 6 195/60/14's while you're at it por favor.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I have a dilemma on my hands. I found a '74 2002 roller with a clean title, recaros & a ton of extra parts for a steal of a deal. problem is that I have to go get it this weekend and I dont really have room for it.
            Are.. you asking for a place to store it for a while?

On one of my cars is running on 2/4 cylinders because the wire leading to the coil pack broke. I'm stuck driving my unregistered bimmer for a while. :(

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
              Are.. you asking for a place to store it for a while?

Not really, more concerned about taking on another project. I want to build a 2002 at some point and this is a great deal. Its just not really the right time for me to do something like this, if I had a place to leave it for a little while with no concern than Id probably already have done it.

Logically it doesnt make sense, but buying a 40 year old car isnt a logical decision. Neither is building cars. so....
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

I just talked to my parts guy at the dealer and he said they were put on notice that 'most if not all' parts for the 'older generation cars' are going to start being produced and available in the next 5-6 months
                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

They're assets in the end, depreciating or appreciating assets, that always helps me chose.
                  sigpic

Comment

It was definitely something that would be profitable, but I just let him know I have to pass. Too short notice for me to arrange everything.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

damn, thats some BS are you on 16s? what size tires are you running? Im considering getting some 225/45/16 but not sure if I want to sell my 205/45/16s yet because they have a lot of life left in them...
                      Yeah I'm too tired to be pissed but thanks guys.
                      16's 215/45 falkens. They run wide though and look like 225/45's.
                      I sourced new falkens for $100+ off but that's still $400 I wasn't trying to spend.

I've been looking maxxis's 225/45 tires lately. They are listed as "high performance" and $68/tire. They sponsor drift cars so I'm assuming the price doesn't totally reflect garbage. Who knows - though, I'm curious to find out.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Sorry AK.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

It was definitely something that would be profitable, but I just let him know I have to pass. Too short notice for me to arrange everything.
                          Nooo save the 2002!

Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

someone wanted 225-45-16s?
                            sigpic

Comment

Just buy the 02 because it's a steal of a deal, then just work on it as times goes by. If I were you I'd pick it up ASAP. If it's a steal then when are you going to come across that again??
                              Originally posted by dvck
                              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Need them gone ASAP. Make me an offer and come pick them up from Glendale.

Comment

Working...
                                X