This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efficient View Post
    I got a retarded question. Lol. Since the e30 rear suspension is non adjustable unless you have welded brackets. You think a shop will still charge you for a complete alignment since the fronts are the only thing being adjusted?
    Yeap because they use the rear as some sort of reference point or something when it's up on the rack and computers.
    Every shop that I asked for some-sort of discount only would waive like $5 off of like $80 Lol.

Went to a place that does it the old fashion way instead for $50. Camber / toe / caster.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Speaking of alignments, where's the go to place preferably around the Greater LA area? Figured it can't hurt to take my shitbox in for one ;D

Comment

If you change anything related to suspension you need an alignment or i'll be off no matter what.

Even getting it aligned with bald tires vs new ones I think mine was off like 5 degrees toe.

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
          Speaking of alignments, where's the go to place preferably around the Greater LA area? Figured it can't hurt to take my shitbox in for one ;D
          Go to jpm. The guy there is cool
          Originally posted by dvck
          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
            Go to jpm. The guy there is cool
            No such thing as Jpm, I googled it. I need an alignment bad.

Comment

He means JMP in Reseda

Comment

Is there a r3v discount? (he asked hopefully yet doubtful) Any names to mention?

What's the fare?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

anyone want to trade lights?
                  i have some ellipsoids with some minor pitting in the glass, black rings and i also replaced some of the adjusters.they come with hids 9005 white bulbs. trying to get some smileys with the pigtail adapter, of course ill add some cash on my end.
                  ill get some pics later.

Comment

Santana Tire&Wheel on the corner of Santa Ana/Alameda in lynwood charges me 40$ for alignment. They got the fancy alignment computers but will also work "old school"

or just bite the bullet and get lifetime alignment at firestone/goodyear centers
                    sigpic

Comment

I got a lifetime alignment on my mk1 jetta coupe and used it for 3 different jetta coupes I owned. I was shocked they never asked why the receipt said silver, but the car in front of them was a different color :rofl:
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
                        Originally posted by efficient View Post
                        I got a retarded question. Lol. Since the e30 rear suspension is non adjustable unless you have welded brackets. You think a shop will still charge you for a complete alignment since the fronts are the only thing being adjusted?
                        Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        He means JMP in Reseda
                        I think they charge $60, front only alignment.
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

If any body has a lead on a solid m54, shoot me a pm. A buddy of mine apparently had his messed up by a mechanic after paying a good amount to replace the head.

edit: Just spoke to him again, its seems the botched part was the helicoil part.
                          Last edited by rhE-30; 09-25-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

do JMP do alignments? last i heard they sent people to Z.

Westend in Gardena is the best shop in SoCal... look them up
                            PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

this is prolly a dumb question, where do you guys buy replacement oil pumps for the m20 at?? Everywhere I have looked has them listed but all of them are out of stock, and most say NLA

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                              Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
                                If any body has a lead on a solid m54, shoot me a pm. A buddy of mine apparently had his messed up by a mechanic after paying a good amount to replace the head.

edit: Just spoke to him again, its seems the botched part was the helicoil part.
                                oh thats fun! been down that road before. if he didnt use the proper timesert the head will never properly torque down...

I think mkcman17 has one
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X