Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone tell me exactly what the differences are in a super eta and a 2.7i? a buddy of mine keeps trying to push me to run a super eta in my bucket.
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Supereta IS 2.7i. The difference is the pistons on the supereta vs eta vs i

Comment

I'm having trouble finding a SETA bottom, so I can rebuild the m20.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Honestly with the availability of the different crankshafts (M52, S52) theres no point in just doing a supereta 2.7i anymore. You can build a 2.8 or 3L+ M20 ... But that's just me
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone know the compression ratio of a seta bottom end with 885 top? I'm forgetting.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Good morning Gents
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                Anyone know the compression ratio of a seta bottom end with 885 top? I'm forgetting.
                isnt the difference like 8.5:1 with the SETA and 8:1 with a regular ETA
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Honestly with the availability of the different crankshafts (M52, S52) theres no point in just doing a supereta 2.7i anymore. You can build a 2.8 or 3L+ M20 ... But that's just me
                  Money is the reason, just because you can grab a m52 crank or an s52 crank doesn't mean your going to be able to do a 2.8 or 3.0 build for under realistically 800 bucks, and thats cheap. Where as a 2.7 your talking 200 bucks easily if you can source the parts cheap

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                  Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                    Money is the reason, just because you can grab a m52 crank or an s52 crank doesn't mean your going to be able to do a 2.8 or 3.0 build for under realistically 800 bucks, and thats cheap. Where as a 2.7 your talking 200 bucks easily if you can source the parts cheap
                    I concur.
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Who has the best overall deals on parts? ECS, FCP, BMA? Any discounted online stores with coupon codes?

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                        whats the point in building a 2.7i if you arent going to make any more power than the 2.5? I know Im the minority here, but if you are going to go through the hassle of building a bottom end, why not just do it right the first time.

you know the old saying about cheap, fast and reliable...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Most people build a 2.7 for boost, lower torque and less compression overall, good setup for forced induction, or at-least a better setup than say a 2.5

And I dont think many people are "building" a 2.7, they are simply pulling the head of the eta and throwing on an i head, they are not doing rings, bearings, etc. So I would question the use of building in this instance, if you are pulling the motor completely apart and then actually build a 2.7 yea I can understand the issue, and the desire to shoot for a 2.8 or 3.0, but this is r3v and very few people are actually pulling apart engines and fully building 2.7s

take for example myself, I have a 2.7i eta bottom i head, I am using for my m20 turbo build in my 02, now I have every intention of eventually building a 2.8 m20 and turboing that, but for financial reasons and getting the car up and going with so much else to do, I simply took a good compression, running driving m20 eta threw in a rebuilt 885 head on it, and for now am just going to run that. Once the car is done, and I can throw a grand at a 2.8 build I plan to, in fact I have a lot of the parts just not very much time.

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                          Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Found more gems today
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427231512.165781.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	7175926

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427231525.251796.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	7175927
                            Minty one owner 17k m targa supra

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427231545.388947.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	7175929
                            Had other minty 50s caddys
                            A byzanz orange e36 m3. Never seen that color before.
                            Was quite overwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Attached Files

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

So, who's in SD and likes beer?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

If your going to SD hit up TJ make a trip of it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                                X