This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
    ^^ just grab another #6 wire with the sensor on it. And route it above the cap next time
    Thank you Trey, I was just about to say to change just that specific plug wire.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Would you guys use a Victor reinz transmission output shafts seal on your trans?
      I replaced mine with a elring output shafts seal and my trans leaks. Not trying to do this 3 times. Input?

Comment

Anyone know of a place that would pick up a bare shell? No roof, no interior, no trunk,hood, doors, no wheels or suspension just a shell
        Originally posted by dvck
        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
          ^^ just grab another #6 wire with the sensor on it. And route it above the cap next time
          I know it's easy, but who's going to separate a set of wires for me? The last junkyard I went to only had one e30, sans head and accessories.

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Just rode my Schwinn BMX bike from my place in Culver City, to Santa Monica, chilled on Venice Beach and came home. 13 miles round trip. Felt good. I need to do this more often
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have been driving without a pulse wire for 2 years and it ain't made no difference no how. Just cut it off so it doesn't get in the way and drive drive drive.

ATTENTION:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT DONE SO, PLEASE DO SO AT THIS TIME

Comment

Anyone know of someone or business that buys scrap leather in big quantities? Like 5200lb of scrap leather, automotive leather .?? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
                  Anyone know of someone or business that buys scrap leather in big quantities? Like 5200lb of scrap leather, automotive leather .?? Anyone?
                  5200 pounds is not scrap. That's a whole cow. Unless it's roadkill.

ATTENTION:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT DONE SO, PLEASE DO SO AT THIS TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Sps View Post
                    5200 pounds is not scrap. That's a whole cow. Unless it's roadkill.
                    Lol i know its "scrap" from my sisters work. They do motorcycle seats and they are trying to clean their shop for some new machines. Some are perfect for shift boots and covering steering wheels

Comment

Lol i know its "scrap" from my sisters work. They do motorcycle seats and they are trying to clean their shop for some new machines. Some are perfect for shift boots and covering steering wheels
                      Hit up FE4R, he works with leathers.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Ugh, I need to find this draw... I hate dealing with dead batteries. Figured it was the stereo but then after searching, I saw the trunk light repeatedly mentioned. I figured I would check that out since mine isnt totally functioning, and guess what; it was dimly lit going on and off. Pulled both lights out and leaving it to trickle charge overnight. *fingers crossed* I actually have to drive somewhere tomorrow so I need my car running and driving.

And the best part? I finally try to use my extra test light thats been a pain in my ass since it always pokes my hand when I reach into my tool bag and it doesnt work, no bulb

edit: Still wouldnt start today, even with a jump from another car so I think the battery is totally dead. Im going to take it to O'Reillys since i bought it from them last June and they should replace it. I miss driving the car
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 04-01-2015, 11:11 AM.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Best way to find a short, is to pull the negative battery use an amp meter to measure the amps between the neg battery cable and the neg battery terminal, it will be negative as there is a draw somewhere. Then pull fuses one at a time, when the amps settle much closer to 0 then you know you have found the system in which the short is in, then you have pinpointed the areas that need addressing.

Keep in mind it may be more than one system.

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                          Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

try Sav Mor Leather in downtown
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                              Best way to find a short, is to pull the negative battery use an amp meter to measure the amps between the neg battery cable and the neg battery terminal, it will be negative as there is a draw somewhere. Then pull fuses one at a time, when the amps settle much closer to 0 then you know you have found the system in which the short is in, then you have pinpointed the areas that need addressing.

Keep in mind it may be more than one system.
                              Thanks. I would try that except I dont have any electrical testing equipment with me. Its all at my garage which is like 6 miles away. I just walked my happy ass to the O'Reillys near my house and they said the battery tested fine. Come home and still nothing. Its not even trying to turn over. Im really frustrated because I need to be in Glendale (20+ miles away) in a few hours and have no idea how I can get there.

I also noticed the battery light on the cluster isnt going on with the rest when I put the key in the "on" position. Not sure if it EVER has, but I am noticing it now. Checked under the hood and everything seems just like it was.

Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Electric issues are the bane of my existence. Good luck!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X