Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrical gremlins are enough for me to sell a car.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Radio_Flyer View Post
        Electric issues are the bane of my existence. Good luck!
        x2

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
        electrical gremlins are enough for me to sell a car.
        if you only knew! haha Ive been on the fence lately and this doesnt help!
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

electrical issues on e30s arnt nutten lol Bring it!

Comment

If the battery light on the dash doesn't come on, the charging system won't operate.

Comment

So when are we going to have a carbeque/bbq at Griffith?
              sigpic

Comment

2man left me high and dry last night like a fat chick on prom night :(

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by Radio_Flyer View Post
                  So when are we going to have a carbeque/bbq at Griffith?
                  Iron-E and I are still trying to figure that out, we will be posting the date soon.
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                    If the battery light on the dash doesn't come on, the charging system won't operate.
                    +1 put in a new bulb and bump start the car :)

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Thanks. I would try that except I dont have any electrical testing equipment with me. Its all at my garage which is like 6 miles away. I just walked my happy ass to the O'Reillys near my house and they said the battery tested fine. Come home and still nothing. Its not even trying to turn over. Im really frustrated because I need to be in Glendale (20+ miles away) in a few hours and have no idea how I can get there.

I also noticed the battery light on the cluster isnt going on with the rest when I put the key in the "on" position. Not sure if it EVER has, but I am noticing it now. Checked under the hood and everything seems just like it was.

Have you tried bump starting the car? Also, like trey said on early models the alternator exciter runs through the light on the cluster so if it's out the alternator won't charge.

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                        Have you tried bump starting the car? Also, like trey said on early models the alternator exciter runs through the light on the cluster so if it's out the alternator won't charge.

I trickle charged the battery again (off the car this time) and it fired up right away yesterday. Drove it up to San Jose, and it fired up again today. I will check out the bulb situation because I have to pull the cluster, but the car is also far from stock so Im not sure it that even applies. Still worth checking out.

Im pretty sure the stereo is slowing drawing power, so I have to check that out.

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                        2man left me high and dry last night like a fat chick on prom night :(
                        hey babe, if you only knew the day I was having... When I finally got home at 9pm, I was exhausted and the car wasnt starting so I said fuck it, ate some ice cream and went to sleep .

I have to my a trip up to Rip City, so we can hit up Club 205 and get some steaks
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          I'm having trouble finding a SETA bottom, so I can rebuild the m20.
                          I have pretty good luck at willington. Seems to be an 87 or 88 e28 every time i go.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Honestly with the availability of the different crankshafts (M52, S52) theres no point in just doing a supereta 2.7i anymore. You can build a 2.8 or 3L+ M20 ... But that's just me
                          I went to the yard on a half off day. I pulled an 885 head off a 325i and a super eta bottom end and slapped them together and brought it up to the register. Including the cherry picker it cost me $108 for my engine. Can't even buy an m52 crank for that little.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Can anyone recommend an upholstery shop near north SD? I'm possibly just needing a bit of piping replaced on a sport seat, nothing major.

Also likely looking for a black headrest for sport seat if anyone has a nice one to get rid of.

All of this of course depending on whether I buy these seats tomorrow. Thanks.
                            sigpic
                            1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                              Iron-E and I are still trying to figure that out, we will be posting the date soon.

Awesome! If I can help, keep me in the loop. I love planning these things.
                              sigpic

Comment

I volunteer to bring utensils

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X