Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand this is about as ghetto as it comes but the hose are dead secure and it functions well. I had gone back and fourth with my mechanic friend at JL motorworks in Long Beach, showed him what I was doing and he seemed to think it gooc to go.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
      I understand this is about as ghetto as it comes but the hose are dead secure and it functions well. I had gone back and fourth with my mechanic friend at JL motorworks in Long Beach, showed him what I was doing and he seemed to think it gooc to go.

That's good I'm glad you could figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That seems pretty legit. Not sure I would trust it permenantly, but you should be good to go until you get to Colorado
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Bravo Nick, you are fucking McGyver. :up:
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Made it to Colorado! Not a single issue, AC blasting through the desert and through the mountains. I'm going to try and find a more automotive related solution rather than plumbing but this works perfectly well. I fly back on the 12th to pick up the E30 and do the drive again, ugh.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Nick are you officially leaving the Golden state for the Sunshine state?
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Can anyone direct me to where I can buy a clock delete panel?
                Originally posted by dvck
                I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                  A quick search on r3v led me here:

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                  my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                    you can also get a euro version that centers the opening for the deck and eliminates the clock/obc spot entirely
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

is anyone locally good with troubleshooting cruise control?

so when i first bought the car the cruise was not hooked up, but it didn't take long for me to change that. well it would work about 50% of the time. whenever i would hit a bump it would disengage or sometimes it would work for a minute then just quit.

about 2 weeks ago i was sick of it and decided to try and get it working. well i replaced the brake light switch and boom it was working 100% for about 4-5 days. no brake light led lit up on the check panel. i was golden. then for some reason the brake light warning came back and it hasn't worked AT ALL since.

yesterday i verified that the brake switch and clutch switch are both being depressed until the pedals move then i swapped out the old bulbs (which didn't have any corrosion) and i swapped out the old fuses in spots 6,10,12, 21 and 27 and that took care of the brake light warning on the check panel but still no cruise...

any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Nick are you officially leaving the Golden state for the Sunshine state?
                        Yes sir. SoCal just isn't for me. Got a spot in an awesome neighborhood west of Denver Colorado. I'll be back in 9 days to pick up the E30 then I'm out for good! It's much more my speed of life out here.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

All good, its not for everyone. I grew up in NorCal and never thought Id enjoy SoCal life and at times I dont, but for me right now, I love it. Enjoy Colorado, I was out there a few months ago, it was a nice place. I plan to attend the Drive4corners thing at some point, I think its coming up soon
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

It was a pleasure meeting you and driving along with you Nick, just don't say I didn't tell you so, about SoCal. ;) enjoy your next adventure buddy.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Are all driveshafts the same? Early to late, manual to auto?

My center support bearing needs to be replaced, a friend of mine has a late auto (mine's early manual).

Currently building a badass coffee table
                              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

No, manual and auto are different. Also, there is an early "big guibo" driveshaft and a late "small giibo" driveshaft. Depends on year.

Comment

Working...
                                X