This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
    My shop could do it but we're busy as fuck so maybe not. Give my boss Jim a call. 310 542 2977. We're in Torrance, helluva lot closer than Chino, lol
    Haha, yeah much much closer... I'll give him a call thanks!

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk
    Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
    LED Bulb Thread
    R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
      Why would you ever do this?

You can fit 245's under a E30 with proper offset and rolling.
      Idk seemed like it might be better than getting flares and I just wanted to know if it's been done and if so opinions on it.
      Originally posted by Vokuhila
      I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

I got a question for you guys, I bought a used Trans and had it installed by a shop. Reason for replacing my old Trans was because it was leaking bad and was getting notchy. Now this new to me Trans is notchy in every gear.
        I have a e60 shifter in my car but I had it on my old Trans and it was fine, but now on this newer Trans it's notchy in every gear.
        Should I contact the shop or what would you guys suggest?

Comment

what fluid did they put in it?
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

The slave may be leaking, or for whatever reason the clutch isn't disengaging fully. Perform a visual inspection at the slave and under the dash. How does the pedal feel? How old is the brake fluid?

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I gave them 2 bottles of red line fluid for the trans.brake fluid is about a year old and the slave has been good never changed it since I've owned the car. I noticed today when I drove it that it wasn't as notchy like yesterday, just here and there it would be. I'll check on the slave

I'm now remembering that I had a longer throw out bearing on my eta Trans I think it was from a e28. I brought the throw out bearing from a clutch kit from a 325i that I bought awhile back ago. I told the shop to put in whichever throw out bearing fit best. Going to call and ask.
              Last edited by efficient; 03-24-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I'm looking at brake kits for when I go to my first track day next month...prior to that has just been autocross. I've had brake fade once and that was less than pleasant. I'm not a fan of drilled rotors, but slotted is good. Which kit would you choose?

edit: gonna go with the ecs brembo kit
                Last edited by Chilezen; 03-26-2016, 05:15 PM.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Eta trans and I trans are the same besides the reference sensor holes which can be drilled out if you don't have them... Only throw out bearing that is slightly longer that I can think of is euro 323.
                  Maybe the bushings are better in this trans? Getrags are always notchy regardless

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
                  1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
                  1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

hello gents

new to this board, new to socal, im picking up a 1992 e30 with m20 motor. where is a good affordable shop in sfv to get the timing belt, coolant flush, radiator, water pump, tstat, and fan clutch done?

it has the notorious heating up at idle issue and want to get that sorted out asap.

i would do it myself but dont have the space..

any suggestions are a great help!
                    1992 e30 325iC w/ BBS RMs

Comment

Originally posted by vancity View Post
                      hello gents

new to this board, new to socal, im picking up a 1992 e30 with m20 motor. where is a good affordable shop in sfv to get the timing belt, coolant flush, radiator, water pump, tstat, and fan clutch done?

it has the notorious heating up at idle issue and want to get that sorted out asap.

i would do it myself but dont have the space..

any suggestions are a great help!
                      How much space do you have? Assuming you're new to E30's and might be a biiiit slow since you're learning, Trey can get it done in a jiffy.
                      He's touched just about half of all of SoCal's E30's with success with that specific job including my brother's car.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        How much space do you have? Assuming you're new to E30's and might be a biiiit slow since you're learning, Trey can get it done in a jiffy.
                        He's touched just about half of all of SoCal's E30's with success with that specific job including my brother's car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=238547
                        thanks for the reply! ya unfortunately my apartment building doesnt really allow people working on their car. cool i will get in touch with trey most likely.
                        1992 e30 325iC w/ BBS RMs

Comment

Originally posted by Kev View Post
                          Eta trans and I trans are the same besides the reference sensor holes which can be drilled out if you don't have them... Only throw out bearing that is slightly longer that I can think of is euro 323.
                          Maybe the bushings are better in this trans? Getrags are always notchy regardless
                          Yeah the one I had in my eta Trans was from the euro323. I had a bolt on the clutch pedal rest I lowered it a bit. I guess I'll live with it since it's not to bad. Which bushings? The one on the shifter?

Comment

Palmdale is a terrible place. Found some sand in my fuel tank today. The last two weeks someone has been fucking with my car.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                              Palmdale is a terrible place. Found some sand in my fuel tank today. The last two weeks someone has been fucking with my car.
                              Some people are dicks... THE IE IS REALLY SHITTY TOO
                              88 325is Five Speed
                              Lachssilber

Comment

Yea they also stole one of my wheels and smashed a headlight.... It just never ends.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                                X