This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
    If you're looking for a bolt-on setup, Ansa & Supersprint are mildly louder than stock, but probably not worth the premium over a stock replacement exhaust. Ansa doesn't have the best build quality and tends to rust after a while.

A friend had a Stromung on his m20 car and it sounded pretty good without being obnoxious. Fit and finish was very nice. Was a little louder than the Dinan muffler on my e36, but certainly doable for daily driving. There's usually a yearly group buy too on these.

Another option is to get a Magnaflow welded in. The 14815 is the model you'll come across. I have a Magnaflow on my car, but they are generally on the louder side. Great for wide open throttle, but definitely wish it was quieter around town, and it drones at low RPMs, so just something to consider.
    Thanks for the suggestions. My car's not a daily driver but I also don't want it to be too loud since I don't want to get tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      He applied pressure directly through the fuel fill up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yeah, thats how you do the LPFET but you have to use a pair of pinch off pliers to seal the system by pinching off the hose running from the gas tank to the charcoal canister under the hood. The guy sounds like a dunce so its possible he didn't do the test right and you may not have a problem. Figured I'd throw it out there just in case you don't actually find a leak during your smoke test. It sucks trying to chase a problem that does not actually exist.

Comment

Yeah he didn’t do that....

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

If you're up for a short drive, you can go to the shop I used to work for in Anaheim Hills, near Lakeview and LaPalma. The smog tech who works there has been at it since basically the program started, learned a lot from that dude.

Comment

So I just went back there and talked to my friend who owns the shop and he’s going to retest it and if it passes with the clamp on he’s not going to charge me.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I was talking to my uncle, who used to be a smog tech and he was saying if the canister isn't out in the open, they shouldn't do that test.

Since the e30's canister is tucked away, he was never supposed to do it. Honestly, out of the 10 years i've owned an e30, I've never seen that test done on my car before..

Comment

After a while of searching we bought an E46 wagon today. GF is extremely excited and so am I. Pretty great car to drive!

-NICK

Comment

Yep, generally if it can't be tested all you do is enter NA into the box. New smog techs are trained to work on older cars it seems. I've never smogged anything I couldn't pinch the line on though. Glad you're getting it sorted out though.
                  Last edited by TheRob; 05-26-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                    After a while of searching we bought an E46 wagon today. GF is extremely excited and so am I. Pretty great car to drive!
                    Congrats to you and your girl Nick.
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Got the fastest time overall at the Bimmerfest Autocross today
                      Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by e30spdfrk View Post
                        got the fastest time overall at the bimmerfest autocross today

m10pwr
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                          Got the fastest time overall at the Bimmerfest Autocross today
                          That, is impressive, I saw some of the cars going to the autocross...not what you'd call slow.

Comment

Who’s going to the Sdbmwcca autoX at Qualcomm on Saturday? Going to be my first time in the E30 and I’m prepped and ready!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                              That, is impressive, I saw some of the cars going to the autocross...not what you'd call slow.
                              Power to weight ratio Sir.
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                                Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                                Power to weight ratio Sir.
                                My best was a 46.49, there was a C6 Z06 on Hoosiers running 47.3, a Cayman GT4 Running 47.1, and an LS swapped racecar El Camino on slicks that was in the low 48’s, high 47’s all day. The El Camino ended up running a 46.45 on literally the last run of the day, but he hit a few cones on that run.

They all kept coming over to see what I had swapped into my car, didn’t believe it was stock haha. The course was all about handling, there were almost no straight sections to gain an advantage with power, so this was basically a best-case scenario for my car.
                                Byron
                                Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                                X