This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
    Lol Terry , nothing happened to my car haha. Ill be swapping ecu's for maf kit soon.

What do you think could be my 900 rpm idle ? AFM, ICV ?
    haha ok
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
      You can't just come in here with your swapped car like a bigshot! Is that adam's in riverside?
      Sorry ill swap in my m20 and do a build thread, start from the beginning :(:(

Comment

Terry, I'm running a jim c chip with a stock cam like many others are and I haven't experienced anything?
        Oh you will my friend,.......you will. That is how you suck-a-valve and break rocker arms. Then the part of the valve breaks off and does a irish jig on your piston and possibly breaks it.
        Last edited by QUKBMER; 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
          The hi-po cam has a higher lift and gets rid of the valve float up to about 7000 rpm's pending on the grind.
          A change of springs would eliminate any float but I trust my dads experience. His car has a 7200 rpm rev limit that he has been over revving for 20 years. I also rape the hell out of my motor as everyone who has ever been on a ride with me know. Not saying that everyones head will last forever but its not a garantee that it will break.

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
          Only reason ppl dont want verts is cuz every e30 fan boy is a "racer"... or to cheap to find a top lol
          I hope you realize you described yourself to a T

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
            Ben, I hope you realize you described yourself to a T

I didn't want to be one to say anything on that one but yeah, that pretty much sums him up...........lmfao
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              A change of springs would eliminate any float but I trust my dads experience. His car has a 7200 rpm rev limit that he has been over revving for 20 years. I also rape the hell out of my motor as everyone who has ever been on a ride with me know. Not saying that everyones head will last forever but its not a garantee that it will break.
              I have dual valve springs on mine and it still did it till i got the cam installed,just saying better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

I was going to go back to the stock chip for mpg purposes anyways. You guys scare me.
                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

GRRRRRRRRRRR:evil:

Comment

I was going to go back to the stock chip for mpg purposes anyways. You guys scare me.
                    terry has no reason to put those valve springs on unless he is MT which he doesn't. your tranny will shift anyway unless u like Neutral dropping

now lets all marvel at how vtec works

call me for a good time (626)309-1771 9:45am to 6:30pm if you don't want to call contact me on aim its "swrmotorsports"

Comment

Originally posted by happycamper View Post
                      terry has no reason to put those valve springs on unless he is MT which he doesn't. your tranny will shift anyway unless u like Neutral dropping
                      What in the hell are you talking about? We are talking cams and chips and having valve float not transmissions.

Comment

im talking about your case for having dual valve springs

call me for a good time (626)309-1771 9:45am to 6:30pm if you don't want to call contact me on aim its "swrmotorsports"

Comment

Alot of m20's that dont have them, they have single valve springs and break along with rockers breaking at high RPM''s especially running a chip with out a hi-po cam for extra lift at higher RPM's. Both manual and semiauto transmissions are the same. My friend and i have manual and auto and experienced the same issue with our cars.

Comment

I think what happy camper is getting at (we are all only talking about "i" heads) is that if you are driving an automagic then it is hard to get to the revlimiter unless you go through the 1-2-3 manually.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

dropping a valve sucks yo
                              on a much happier note im in the market for a pair of 15mm spacers if anyone has some

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

r3v is srs bzns lol I fI get banned its not my fault, just sayin :rofl:
                                Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                                Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                                Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                                Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Working...
                                X