This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
    thanks to justin ^ i got a lot of work done today. did a much needed valve adjustment, and now my e30 is only slightly louder than it was before. rear shock mounts were almost completely dissolved, so it's nice to no longer hear thuds through every bump - at least not from the rear. also did trans mounts, rocker plugs, and vc gasket. tired and happy.
    you have inspired me. im thinking of doing vc gasket and intake gasket this coming tomorrow but ide end up stranded
    ]

Comment

Nice!

Where did you get your shock mounts from? The JOM's didn't come with any so when my old ones refused to come off we pulled a lemon one from some old shocks. Clunking all day X(
      $16.25/ea from pelican for e46m vert ones. they look pretty.

i didn't know how bad the thudding was until i swapped them.

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
      you have inspired me. im thinking of doing vc gasket and intake gasket this coming tomorrow but ide end up stranded
      vc gasket is cake. i would do the valves too, turned out to be easier than i thought, although i definitely didn't nail it.
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

oOo, nice! Need to do a little maintenance my self:
        -Filter (K&N drop-in maybe?)
        -Oil (disgusting!)
        -Transmission fluid (grinding gears in the morning/randomly)
        -Injectors
        Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
        Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
        Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
        Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

yeah i'm going to replace my vacuum/fuel lines next, then probably clean the injectors at the same time...or upgrade.

check and see which drain/filler plug you have for the trans...if it's the VW type i have a 17mm allan you can borrow. it's a bitch and a half though, hopefully you have the hexnut type...
          1974 2002tii / stock
          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

those rears look really meety dude, i also need to do this because i know for a fact mine are wasted.

nickflic3: are you planning on pulling the injectors and cleaning or completely replacing them?
            ]

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
              oOo, nice! Need to do a little maintenance my self:
              -Filter (K&N drop-in maybe?)
              -Oil (disgusting!)
              -Transmission fluid (grinding gears in the morning/randomly)
              -Injectors
              -vaccum lines
              Thanks for reminding me lol I know I have a small leak somewhere...

I'll check the drain type next time I'm under there. (where is it exactly? lol)

those rears look really meety dude, i also need to do this because i know for a fact mine are wasted.

nickflic3: are you planning on pulling the injectors and cleaning or completely replacing them?
              I wanted to replace them with bigger ones... Thoughts?
              Updated 10/1

Comment

yeah i'm going to replace my vacuum/fuel lines next, then probably clean the injectors at the same time...or upgrade.

check and see which drain/filler plug you have for the trans...if it's the VW type i have a 17mm allan you can borrow. it's a bitch and a half though, hopefully you have the hexnut type...
                im curious to see how you guys are going to clean them when they are out? i've looked it up but usually people dont take the time to do it

i was thinking the same since i have an extra set of 19lb injectors, but i dont see the need unless i was running a chip for it?
                ]

Comment

i'm thinking about bigger ones too, i'll have to do some research...the filler plug is the problem, it's up on the passenger's side, bout halfway up the trans housing. i know at LEAST 3 vacuum lines have leaks. all taped for now.
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

I'm noob to injectors, just know that 19lb mustang ones fit and are supposedly better for economy/performance. Wonder how it would work with my dinan...
                    Updated 10/1

Comment

you see what you did!! i put gas money in my car that i needed!

just kidding, tomorrow then
                      haha sweet, the more e30's the better. plus i get to see your mtech spoiler all mounted and looking pretty. :)

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                      my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                        haha sweet, the more e30's the better. plus i get to see your mtech spoiler all mounted and looking pretty. :)
                        not yet! i still have to work on it. but damn im so lazy to take it off.

what time do you guys usually get out to the meet?
                        ]

Comment

quick search said that 17# might be better served...maybe from an m50?
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

quick search said that 17# might be better served...maybe from an m50?
                            ehh, but would you end up having to clean those either way? unless you got flowbenched 17lbs.?
                            ]

Comment

idk, i was thinking about pocketing some then paying to have them done right..
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

idk, i was thinking about pocketing some then paying to have them done right..
                                good idea, but dose anyone have experience on just cleaning injectors themselfs?

perhaps...
                                ]

Comment

Working...
                                X