No announcement yet.

junk yard in the morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, anyone been to the local SoCal yards lately & seen any convertible tops?

Comment

katella.
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

kinda been out of the yards for a bit..working on the jeep for burningman....what do you need for your vert? they are rare out there...hit up killa cam he goes alot too

ps ...oh you need a top

i have seen them never paid much attention to the condition though
        bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
          Hey guys, anyone been to the local SoCal yards lately & seen any convertible tops?
          Sorry John, the only times I have seen them they are trashed!

If I see anything I'll hit you up.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

^^^ Thanks E, I got a lead on a nice black one, but it's down in Chula Vista. However, for the price & condition, it sounds like it would fit my needs.

I may go tomorrow locally for shits & giggles....

Is there any way to confirm if these guys have certain parts??? I just called & was told you just have to go & walk around...FML....

Comment

went by pyp in wilmington today....a few e30s, but slim pickings. nice plastics vert, but it's already been had at. also a dash (already removed by me) leaning against a coupe...it's still somewhat squishy but it's got one split over the cluster...they wanted too much for it in its condition so i left it. also, a minty e21 with only 140k on the clock...nice interior, shifter is tighter than new. tisk tisk.
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

is it just me or are the yards getting hella pricey on their junk?
                shit that should only cost like 10$ they are asking like 30$
                i been doing the same thing ...leaving shit i pulled cause they are to proud of their junk!
                bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gone002 View Post
                  i been doing the same thing ...leaving shit i pulled cause they are to proud of their junk!
                  I've done that many times already, I think it all depends on who's at the windows charging.
                  I once had a cherry glove box and asked for pricing on it, the dude tells me $32.00 out the door., left it by the trash then came back an hour later to pick it up and buy it at another window. It ended up costing me $6.80 and it included the lock, which they try to charge you extra for. Just know when to buy homie.

Comment

hate to say it but the trick is to get a homie that speaks spanish to buy your shit for you....
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                      hate to say it but the trick is to get a homie that speaks spanish to buy your shit for you....
                      Lol, or look hella hoodie homie like.

Comment

Originally posted by gone002 View Post
                        hahah tell me about it...i got some clean brand new ellip a few weeks ago the girl wanted 35 dollars for it i was like wtf...i got a smile headlight from another car and got charged 8 bucks for it....also this weekend a girl on a window wanted 12 dollars for a swaybar end link...i went to the other window and the guy charged me 2 bucks for it...
                        always check to see whatthey are charging you sometimes they end up charging you for something else to charge more...

Comment

^
                          dude! what's goin down on katella? i was gonna make a run over there tomorrow!
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

^
                            dude! what's goin down on katella? i was gonna make a run over there tomorrow!
                            theres nothing...the same cars....theres nothing really a few e30s but depends what youre looking for though i just went for some e36 swaybar end links

Comment

frick. i guess i got really lucky with that black '89 coupe. is it totally stripped? i was toying going back to pick through it again...
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

frick. i guess i got really lucky with that black '89 coupe. is it totally stripped? i was toying going back to pick through it again...
                                yeah its still there...most it still has some stuff ive been looking for an alpine2 pass fender...but no luck yet

Comment

Working...
                                X