No announcement yet.

Santa Barbara monthly meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this be moved to like next weekend? It's radical thinking like that which make America so awesome!!

Comment

Might be in town the first Sunday of October assuming the schedule stays consistent, Going to hit up the Pirelli GT3 cup at Laguna seca the day before as well...

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

The schedule will remain consistent, thats part of what will help this get more momentum. But jono I like your idea too. So lets have a meet next weekend unrelated to the santa Barbara monthly meet. We'll call it...........e30 play date lol. And lets go for a drive after this time !

And I'll be at laguna seca too! As a driver obvi :p

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyB326 View Post
          The schedule will remain consistent, thats part of what will help this get more momentum. But jono I like your idea too. So lets have a meet next weekend unrelated to the santa Barbara monthly meet. We'll call it...........e30 play date lol. And lets go for a drive after this time !

Just double checked today, i goofed. I will be there in november. So if there something going on at laguna that weekend ill be there. Either way, will be a fun trip!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

so what time for the play day?
            sigpic

86 E(In the car is in a million pieces stage of making it into a bar'd 340E)
            89 I(bar'd swapped)

Comment

Let's do the same thing, 9 am Sunday, and we can meet somewhere closer to the beginning of a nice drive, depending on where everyone wants to go. Suggestion box is open. Once we've got a consensus of where everyone wants to go we can pick a meeting place. Idk what the best cruise road is but what about up old SM pass or something? Meet at bridge to nowhere? Idk just throwing things up for grabs....

Comment

Let's do the same thing, 9 am Sunday, and we can meet somewhere closer to the beginning of a nice drive, depending on where everyone wants to go. Suggestion box is open. Once we've got a consensus of where everyone wants to go we can pick a meeting place. Idk what the best cruise road is but what about up old SM pass or something? Meet at bridge to nowhere? Idk just throwing things up for grabs....
                the bridge to nowhere? where is that?
                sigpic

86 E(In the car is in a million pieces stage of making it into a bar'd 340E)
                89 I(bar'd swapped)

Comment

Rolling through SB/IV this Saturday on my way back to San Diego.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I'll come up for a drive if one is put together :)

-NICK

Comment

Shucks that was dumb, yea bridge to nowhere is a locals term for a particular road in sb. okay my bed let's re-work this.

How long of a drive is good? If you're gonna come up from freakin simi valley it better be worth it to you haha.

How about meet at tucker's grove park at the end of turnpike road (turnpike and cathedral oaks) and cruise up old SM pass to the top, find a cool spot to take a nice photograph, head back down any number of ways (back the way we came, sm pass, east camino cielo, etc.) and back to the park where they have bbq pits and benches and have a lil bbq

Comment

Alright guys well I'm hesitant to go out and buy bbq supplies considering I'm broke haha and it would be hard to get a potluck list going so last minute. Let's save that for the next actual meet.

For tomorrow, if anyone is interested (Jono this may just be us man....) meet at tucker's grove which is at the t-intersection of cathedral oaks and turnpike. I'll attach a map if i can. 9:00 am, and after shooting the breeze we can adjust the cruise destination, but tentatively up old sm pass or so, and end up just getting lunch back in town at habit or something to feed everyone (bbq solved!). If you're interested, bring your car for a little driving. spirited, perhaps, but don't expect to be racing everybody. Bring friends too!

Summary:

Sunday, September 8th (tomorrow)
                        Tucker's Grove
                        0900 hours
                        Ready to drive!
                        Lunch after

If anyone wants to text me for any reason by the way, (805) 636-5360 is my number, my name is Scott.

Comment

Awesome I close at work tm so I think I can make it.

-NICK

Comment

In!

Comment

If anyone wants, 25 car max autox at camarilloautocross.com this Sunday the 15th! Need more E30 action, and I need some competition! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                                If anyone wants, 25 car max autox at camarilloautocross.com this Sunday the 15th! Need more E30 action, and I need some competition! ;-)
                                Does it cost anything to get in to just watch the action?

Comment

Working...
                                X