This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    i guess you haven't seen his car in person, because no he doesn't. he rubs with the size he has now. if he wants more treadwidth, he needs wheels with numerically higher offset, or a sawzall and fender flares.
    He rubs cause his car is low and he is running shitty coilovers. I bet he could go up on size if he raised his car a tad and got stiffer springs, but he chooses not to.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
      He rubs cause his car is low and he is running shitty coilovers. I bet he could go up on size if he raised his car a tad and got stiffer springs, but he chooses not to.
      well, i was assuming that he's not willing to give up ride height.

but whatever.

we can resume this argument when i get my new wheel setup. it will generate much hate. and i will give no fucks.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Exactly, he CAN run bigger but he doesn't want to. This isn't even an argument because it's what he wants, not what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          http://eztv.it/

also if you would like an invite to iptorrents i might be able to scare one up for you
          mayhaps

at the moment i just use tpb like a pleb

Comment

Got some badass heatshields for the two m3s, front/rear/side windows. No more melting my ass off for the win!
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

What do you mean heatshields for the windows? Winning what? I'm confused, please explain.

Comment

I don't have a garage, so when it's hot outside the car is boilingly hot inside. Reflective sun shades all around drop the inside temp to be really comfortable.

Makes getting into the car once it has been in the sun for a few hours super nice, and keeps the interior from getting UV'd to death (dash, seats, headliner, etc).

Totally overkill but made a huge difference.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Oh, a sunshade?

Comment

Oh, a sunshade?
                    Yup, just reflective and fits the front, side, and rear windows with no gaps. Heatshield is the brand.

Don't know of too many other side/rear shades though I'm sure they do exist.

Simple and fairly unglamorous, but really nice to have the extra window sunshades.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      Yup, just reflective and fits the front, side, and rear windows with no gaps. Heatshield is the brand.

Don't know of too many other side/rear shades though I'm sure they do exist.

Simple and fairly unglamorous, but really nice to have the extra window sunshades.
                      understandable

Comment

Gc rear springs bro. Probably stiffer than you in the rear....

Feedback!
                        Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                        Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

what is this about stiff and bonanni's rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                            Gc rear springs bro. Probably stiffer than you in the rear....
                            Just in the rear? So you have those shitty soft JOM springs in the front?

I also was not making this a competition. I was simply stating whatever you are running is too soft. Especially if you are preparing to turn in your man card by running 195 on a 9" wheel. ;)

Buuttt I'm at 700lb rear spring in the rear, but I also have a sedan which is lighter than a vert.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                            Ask and you may receive.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                              Ask and you may receive.
                              Actually, it sounds like you'd be receiving.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's what it sounds like, but once reality sets in you're in for a treat.

Comment

Working...
                                X