X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by young_esquire View Post
    Hey guys,

my ride has been sitting dead outside my work in San Jose for the past two weeks. No fuel, no spark. Checked and all the relays and fuses are good. Checked the fusible link and it was popped. Replaced it with a 50 amp fuse and still not getting a check engine light. Pretty frustrated and think i am just going to get it towed to a shop.

Anyone know of a shop that knows E30s?

Thanks in advance.
    What's the battery voltage? Are all your connections clean tight shiny bright?

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      its A MARK 4, not AN EM KAY 4... :hitler:

Eric, dont bother defending VWs, nobody will have your back.

I have considered getting my old Jetta back, but its much cooler than yours

its quite possibly the best jetta you can own. a mk1. a coupe. and a turbo diesel. I built the engine on this one nearly 10 years ago and its still going strong. I regretted selling ti but I was broke and in debt. Ive considered getting it again, but I love my E30. The Jetta was fun, but not fun like the E30
      lol an m k 4.
      you are an idiot for selling that car. that car is rarer than an e30 m3.

I need to drive my e30 more than once a week. Simon, when you are here, come drive her.
      here is why i have VW love, user name and email, and a W in Ewic
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I also owned a few 1980 Jetta coupes. THOSE are rare... I moved on. They will always hold a special place in my heart much like that first girlfriend who wasn't the sexiest but you occasionally look back and wonder what could've been...
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by young_esquire View Post
          Hey guys,

my ride has been sitting dead outside my work in San Jose for the past two weeks. No fuel, no spark. Checked and all the relays and fuses are good. Checked the fusible link and it was popped. Replaced it with a 50 amp fuse and still not getting a check engine light. Pretty frustrated and think i am just going to get it towed to a shop.

Anyone know of a shop that knows E30s?

Thanks in advance.
          me, if it is an m20. bring it to me this weekend. (south san jose)
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            here's why. the 318is is trying to be a sports car but isn't, where as the jetta accepts what it is and does it's job. You don't drive an e30 bc it's great mpg, you drive it to have fun. I've driven Steven's, Erfan's and one other guy with a silver one and none of those 3 cars was any better than a stock fwd 2.slow jetta. hell, the best car i've ever been it was a G60 corrado with full cage. it may not be as fast as an s52 e30 but it would easily take almost any e30 at a track, autoX or canyons.
            Stop getting flies in my Kool-Aid
            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Officially in the market for a roof rack; Thule preferred with locks, but will take Yakima if it a good setup

Need something to transport a bike/4 snowboards/a mini-barbecue/kayak

Would like a full setup with board locks, wire basket, single bike tray, but would accept rack and farring alone

@Sina ; @Freeride53
              You still have yours?

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                Officially in the market for a roof rack; Thule preferred with locks, but will take Yakima if it a good setup

Need something to transport a bike/4 snowboards/a mini-barbecue/kayak

Would like a full setup with board locks, wire basket, single bike tray, but would accept rack and farring alone

@Sina ; @Freeride53
                You still have yours?
                Got one. Its just the rack and fairing. 150

Comment

I want it if J doesn't. looks like it might actually be a decent year for snow :x
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Question for everyone, whats the furthest youve driven your E30?
                    Originally posted by dvck
                    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

I have a brand new Thule 575 snowboard carrier that I'd sell. $149.95 on Amazon, I'd take $40 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
                        Got one. Its just the rack and fairing. $150

Originally posted by PorscheH6 View Post
                        I have a brand new Thule 575 snowboard carrier that I'd sell. $149.95 on Amazon, I'd take $40 for it.
                        I'll take them both

Sent you guys PM's

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                          I've driven mine to Boulder, CO. Twice. My friends always give me crap for how "unreliable" my car is, but after making it with no problems the first time nobody questioned me when I suggested taking my car for the second trip.

Edit: The first time we went there, we went a scenic route through Death Valley, Moab, and the Grand Canyon totaling to about 2,100 miles.
                          Last edited by YosemiteSam; 12-19-2014, 05:49 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Washington and back, fully restored parts not tight, untested car. only two issues, the clutch feed line popped out and the cruise control got flaky.
                            i would have zero issue getting in my car and driving to the east coast tomorrow.
                            id bring a v-belt, all fluids, quart of oil, JB-weld and duct-tape.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

I have four days off for Christmas I'm about to put 1200 miles on my car hahah

Comment

Vancouver BC to Napa Ca. Didn't miss a beat. I bought the car in Vancouver and brought it home.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X