This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    yes. that is all i sold dmitriy. ebay IC and pipes for use in the 2002 oliver now has, and he got them for a pretty good price, IMO.
    I have that now :) and it will be used in my cousins wide body 2002

Hey, random question. How much does your vert weigh?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Hey, random question. How much does your vert weigh?
      i haven't weighed it.

subtractions: AC, power steering, trunk ballast, aluminum spare in place of steelie, replaced rear seat with carpet, replaced front seats with corbeaus, probably other stuff i don't remember pulling out and throwing away

additions: hardtop, went from small-case open diff to medium-case torsen (and forgot - mason front x-brace and knockoff sparco strut tower bar from you-know-who)

gonna guess about 150lbs down from factory... closer to 200 before a shop replaced my westco miata battery with a 60lb interstate boat-anchor without asking me if it was okay to do so. at any rate, the weight reduction was definitely enough to notice when running a peaky 4-banger.

car's hibernating for a while because i have other priorities in life at the moment, and the subaru is enough fun for right now. if things continue going well with the new girlfriend, i might maybe have garage space to turn my own wrenches again by the end of the year.
      Last edited by decay; 05-05-2015, 12:21 AM.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

My '92 vert weighs 3140 with me (~140lbs) a 1/2 tank of gas, and ~40lbs of stuff in the trunk. I weight it last week on a gravel/rock quarry scale that measures to the nearest 10lbs and is calibrate regularly for business.

My 318is with no A/C, M50 swap, 1/2 tank of gas and lightweight wheels was ~2700lbs. Don't remember the exact figure, it was a long time ago. EDIT:I was also in the car, so add 140lbs

Mk1 Mr2 with a 5sfe swap was ~2600lbs, with me in the car
        Last edited by mr2peak; 05-05-2015, 12:52 PM.
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

AW11 is 2600lbs? Holy crap I thought it would be way lighter than that... 5s isn't a super heavy motor or anything.

whee30 was 2720lbs with metal bumpers, coilovers, m50nv, half tank, Luke box and amp before I put the cool guy seat in it and took out the rest of the AC stuff. bet it could be around 2600 pretty easily.

dumb side note: stock 330i/6 was 3300lbs on the dot with 50.1/49.9 weight distribution.. bit porky but them Germans can sure balance a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            I hear e30s with no paint make good track cars
            This also applies to E30s with shitty paint and/or clear coat that peels off by itself at speeds over 60mph.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Damn it makes me love my car that much more. Im ~2450lbs with a full interior, a full tank, 12" lukebox, and the aluminum M52. Thats probably why I pull on cars with over 400bhp haha power to weight ratio is awesome
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

I have a line on a Euro 85 Sedan, with no sunroof, no a/c and manual windows. It has a BAR stamp on it already so its possible to have a legal S54.
                That is an importation BAR stamp and will not make an engine swap legal, it just shows that the car has passed the importation inspection. You need a very different sticker for an engine swap; which tells the mechanic to smog the car as if he's smogging the donor car.

My Canadian car has the importation sticker, and my old Mr2 that I swapped has a BAR engine swap sticker. They are very different.s

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

really? would like to know more cause I have a 323i with the BAR sticker that claims that the engine is a 3.2L, and was led to believe that it will function as a swap sticker.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Damn it makes me love my car that much more. Im ~2450lbs with a full interior, a full tank, 12" lukebox, and the aluminum M52. Thats probably why I pull on cars with over 400bhp haha power to weight ratio is awesome
                    what's so cool about your car that it's that much lighter

early 318s were light because they had stuff like small struts, small diff and drum brakes, when you get rid of all that crap and the m10 it's pretty close to normal e30 weight, no?
                    Last edited by Wh33lhop; 05-05-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

what's so cool about your car that it's that much lighter

early 318s were light because they had stuff like small struts, small diff and drum brakes, when you get rid of all that crap and the m10 it's pretty close to normal e30 weight, no?
                      Mine had the bigger strut housings, rear discs, 2.7i m20, power steering, 3.73LSD, but still manual windows, manual locks, manual sunroof, etc and it weighed 2400lbs with a full tank. I think a big reason is the reduction in wiring and "extras" in addition to the stuff you mentioned. Theres no check panel, so no wiring for all of that. No power locks. Ive heard things like the carpet being lighter, less sound deadening, etc It all adds up.

Im convinced that the aluminum M52 weighs the same as the M20. I fully blame the extra 50# on the Lukebox

In other news, I clicked over 24k miles today on Hicks Rd and I havent been driving it for 1 full year yet.. a few days until that happens. Love this car
                      Last edited by 2mAn; 05-05-2015, 12:53 PM.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

titanium bolts, hollow cams, 18ga everywhere
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          titanium bolts, hollow cams, 18ga everywhere
                          qft

Im going to sand it down to bare metal soon. because you know... paint sucks
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

dam thats light.

my 89 325i weighs 2750 on a truck scale. only removed trunk tar and power steering.

Comment

AW11 is 2600lbs? Holy crap I thought it would be way lighter than that... 5s isn't a super heavy motor or anything.

whee30 was 2720lbs with metal bumpers, coilovers, m50nv, half tank, Luke box and amp before I put the cool guy seat in it and took out the rest of the AC stuff. bet it could be around 2600 pretty easily.

dumb side note: stock 330i/6 was 3300lbs on the dot with 50.1/49.9 weight distribution.. bit porky but them Germans can sure balance a car.
                              The 5s is a pretty heavy motor. 3sgte is a beast, like 550lbs, and they are basically the same minus the turbo stuff. There's not much to remove on an Mk1 either

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

In other news, I clicked over 24k miles today on Hicks Rd and I havent been driving it for 1 full year yet.. a few days until that happens. Love this car
                                I love hicks. Know that road like the back of my hand.

Feedback!
                                Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                                Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Working...
                                X