This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Yup. First time I took it was with no studying, did well-ish. Studied to improve the score, didn't, said screw this.

I'm really hoping the effort I'm putting in studying for the PE exam won't follow a similar trend.
    In retrospect I think my math score improved by learning some basic tricks (a couple hours of study time maybe), they just changed the scoring convention. I missed one math question last test, one in the recent practice test. IIRC missing one was like 88th percentile 5 years ago but 97th now. While I want to feel good about that score, all the math section is testing is how clever you are with the really basic stuff. The whole test is pretty bullshit.

Toodaloo, you got GT6? Only PC sim I have is LFS which is pretty outdated at this point. We should do a 3-way sim orgy.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      that car was the banner image on e30tech for a long time.

welcome back.
      Yeah that was fun. I was sad the day it changed lol

Here's a waybackmachine from those days: https://web.archive.org/web/20101122...ech.com/forum/

Unfortunately I am back on these wheels as I had to sell the Rondell's to afford S62 gas mileage.

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
      Welcome back, what swap are you doing and how soon can we expect you to be back out there?
      A friend of mine recently wrecked his E39 540i/6 and sold me the car. I'm converting the M62 to OBDI and it's going in to replace the M42. A few years ago I had an E39 M5 and can't get rid of the itch for torque, less with the M62 than the S62 but in the E30 chassis it should still be pretty fun. I'm hoping to have the car done by Bimmerfest, but as I am still pulling parts together, I'm not sure how realistic that is.

I had been slowly piecing together an S52 swap but couldn't ever really get myself excited about it. With this swap though, I'm honestly having trouble thinking about anything else hah.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        In retrospect I think my math score improved by learning some basic tricks (a couple hours of study time maybe), they just changed the scoring convention. I missed one math question last test, one in the recent practice test. IIRC missing one was like 88th percentile 5 years ago but 97th now. While I want to feel good about that score, all the math section is testing is how clever you are with the really basic stuff. The whole test is pretty bullshit.
        Yup. Stanford's avg score on math was an 800 when I applied, which I didn't have (720 maybe? don't remember)...so my take away is that as long as you don't score embarrassingly low on either section, you'll be fine.

I think the schools recognize that being tested on your skills with geometry and algebra, when you'll be using trig and calc and diff eq a hell of a lot more, is pretty dumb.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          I'm converting the M62 to OBDI and it's going in to replace the M42.
          M62 replacing the M42. I like this, get a build thread going when you can, I'll be following for sure!
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
            M62 replacing the M42. I like this, get a build thread going when you can, I'll be following for sure!

It's not super exciting yet unfortunately, I'm going back to the junkyard this weekend to bring myself closer to the exciting bits. Pelican must love me right now, I keep spending tons of money there!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376089

It's not super exciting yet unfortunately, I'm going back to the junkyard this weekend to bring myself closer to the exciting bits. Pelican must love me right now, I keep spending tons of money there!
              Sub'd and entertained 👍 I'll be watching that one haha
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

why are there only 4 people going... common guyz

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                  https://www.facebook.com/events/1092244837475743/

It would be 5 but I'll be in Anaheim. You guys picked the 1 weekend out of the year when I'm not here
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                    Yup. Stanford's avg score on math was an 800 when I applied, which I didn't have (720 maybe? don't remember)...so my take away is that as long as you don't score embarrassingly low on either section, you'll be fine.

I think the schools recognize that being tested on your skills with geometry and algebra, when you'll be using trig and calc and diff eq a hell of a lot more, is pretty dumb.
                    Looks like the top ten engineering programs in the country average around a 165/170 (missing 5 problems) so I'm sure I'll be fine with regards to test scores.

3600 posts!

I'd like to go but I need to get a start on grad school apps... it will probably boil down to how burned out or inspired I feel at the moment. I will put "going" anyway to attract moar peeps because that's how facebook works.

Comment

but ill miss you if you dont go

Comment

And I will miss... my grad school app deadline

And suffer a shitty job for the rest of my life

And die alone

Etc.

:)

Comment

what about those of us who dont have FB???

@Nate, I will end up spending almost $500 on university applications and transcripts... Those deadlines and every schools different requirements are a pain in the ass, I missed the deadline last year and had to wait a year to try again. Time to act grown up :hitler:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            what about those of us who dont have FB???
                            PM myself or Oliver.
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post

Toodaloo, you got GT6? Only PC sim I have is LFS which is pretty outdated at this point. We should do a 3-way sim orgy.

I don't actually, only assetto corsa. Which is pretty damn good if you ask me.

I'm deciding whether I should continue with engineering or switch to a business major. I like design and building things, but I kind of absolutely dispose math... Haha!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

assetto corsa looks gorgeous... i really need to get my reconfigured rig online, been too busy with job-hunting and random craigslist tech support gigs.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X