This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No E30 club = No happiness

This reminds me of the day after I sold my E34 M5 and bought an eta. I couldnt be happier, consider me part of the No E34 club haha
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      No E30 club = No happiness

This reminds me of the day after I sold my E34 M5 and bought an eta. I couldnt be happier, consider me part of the No E34 club haha
      What makes me really fuckin mad is that the touring gets the most compliments and looks and people asking me about it and what not than the GTI, E30's and M3 ever have. By that logic, the touring is the best car I've owned. But logically speaking, it's the worst.
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

I like that nobody asks me about my E30.... until after Ive embarrassed much more expensive, newer cars. Usually the question is, "What the hell is in that thing" :rofl:
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Yea...I kinda want an E30 again, but I miss my old Legacy way more.

In other news, the Chrysler 200 sucks. I have it as a rental car while the sedan is getting its bumper fixed, and good lord the transmission shifting logic is awful. It has 9 gears, and doesn't know how to use any of them! What's worse is that it has a good half second of lag between pressing the throttle and it starting to move...but there's no turbo. There's just that much delay.

Cannot wait to get my 20 year old car back. Modern (shitty rental) cars suck.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

My Benz is like that, 7 speed transmission and it always seems to be in the wrong gear. Ive read that a good chip fixes that problem
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I've actually been dailying the 24v e30, it's nicer to be in than the M5...
              cars beep boop

Comment

We rented a 200 when they first came out and got about 7 miles away from the place and noticed it was hopping around in gear with the cruise control on. 3 miles later and it gave us a transmission warning light so we brought it back and they gave a new suburban instead
                C6Z
                S2K
                VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  he won't

</3 danny

Wow rude. @Nate, maybe April with ncrc.

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                    the fog deletes look good man.

Thanks! I like the look as well! Been debating on whether I should leave them or install the fogs back in and I've basically decided these are the way to go.

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    Toodaloo, the reason i like e30's is because of the Z. it's a very similar car, in driving experience. 0 to 100 it's within inches of the same speed as a stock eta.

I honestly have almost zero experience with them but damn, every time I see one I ask myself why I didn't build one of those instead of an e30! The lines and style of the car are so classy, Japanese, and sing 70's sports car.

But then again, E30 is life....

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                      I can't do April, but you definitely should anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        Yea...I kinda want an E30 again, but I miss my old Legacy way more.

In other news, the Chrysler 200 sucks. I have it as a rental car while the sedan is getting its bumper fixed, and good lord the transmission shifting logic is awful. It has 9 gears, and doesn't know how to use any of them! What's worse is that it has a good half second of lag between pressing the throttle and it starting to move...but there's no turbo. There's just that much delay.

Cannot wait to get my 20 year old car back. Modern (shitty rental) cars suck.
                        I drove a 200 to from the Bay Area to Vegas back in October. Came back up 99 and wanted to shoot myself. I never thought I would tell myself that I missed I5...but that day I did.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          I've actually been dailying the 24v e30, it's nicer to be in than the M5...
                          I loved dailying my E30, it actually does great on the MPGzz, but LA stop & go was brutal, especially in summer.

That said, I love having the E30 as a second car to drive when I want to be juvenile
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                            For all the years I've been on this forum and have been to meets, I still have yet to meet you in person.

You never bring your car out

Feedback!
                            Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                            Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

I met Danny once. He gave me a key chain

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I loved dailying my E30, it actually does great on the MPGzz, but LA stop & go was brutal, especially in summer.

That said, I love having the E30 as a second car to drive when I want to be juvenile

Mine has been on daily duty for the past year and a half. Honestly I love it way more than I ever loved my old Wrx, even as a daily. If something goes wrong, it's likely not a hard fix due to its simplicity to work on. Only major issue that had an impact on my day (as a daily) was when my thermostat o ring started leaking really bad. I managed to replace it between classes and it thankfully didn't invade on my schedule!
                                I definitely hate seeing the miles go up on the ODO, but it's whatever. As long as these cars are maintained well and parts that can wear are replaced, mileage really doesn't matter to an extent. I can argue that my almost 30 year old BMW feels tighter than many newer cars with less than half the mileage because of all the suspension, steering, and driveline components I've replaced or updated.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Working...
                                X