Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's this one in particular. If it was any other color combo and not worth shit, I would have been dailying it since I bought it but this color as is has a premium and I've been offered 11k for it as is but I'm keeping it. I don't wanna risk anything happening to it and I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible. It's my CCA show car but if the swap gets done, I'll gladly sell when the time is right, especially with the E36 M3 prices on the rise
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

If you are thinking about doing an M60 swap do yourself a favor and get Frank's swap guide (http://www.macalent.com/e30m60.html), then start reading all the build threads you can. Fun swap, but tons more work than a 24v swap.

I saw this gem on the Richmond Parkway the other day:

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        There's actually a guy in the bay area who did a M60 (M62?) swap in his E30 and got it through BAR. If memory serves, he had more trouble with brake boosters than with the emissions side...check the V8 swap subforum. Nice guy, very nicely done swap. Met him at a meet a couple months ago.
        That's e36brua here on r3v, he's in San Mateo.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

That's the other thing, I'd almost rather just find a driveable E30 as is, drive it, and save up for doing an S5x swap at the end of the year
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

you got offered 11k for the E36 and didnt sell it?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yup, it's staying with me. Don't know what it'll take to get me to actually sell but it'll be with me for a few more years I'd say
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                Yup, it's staying with me. Don't know what it'll take to get me to actually sell but it'll be with me for a few more years I'd say
                Manual swap it and rock it. They're great DDs.

Or maybe get a transmission flash, I think Dinan and maybe others have them.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

m6x swap is overly complicated, expensive, and stupid for the "gainz" which are not great.
                  i have a friend in the middle of an m60 swap, only reason he didnt go 24v is because he wanted to be different, and its a show car to boot, no spirited driving. which is terrible imo.

24v is so much better.

with that being said i wouldnt make your byanz a donor car. you'd be better off selling it, keeping the 540i, and using even more funds for a 24v swap.
                  or selling the 540i and saving for 24v swap.

m6x is a slug, aftermarket support sucks, and everything about the swap is more complicated/expensive/specific then it needs to be with a 24v swap that would make the same power with a few bolt ons.

Comment

The byzanz car will never be a donor car but I also can't get rid of it, yet at least. I'm checking out 2 cars on Sunday, hopefully driving one of them home, 1 E30 and 1 mystery but equal love to both, we'll see what happens!
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                      m6x swap is overly complicated, expensive, and stupid for the "gainz" which are not great.
                      i have a friend in the middle of an m60 swap, only reason he didnt go 24v is because he wanted to be different, and its a show car to boot, no spirited driving. which is terrible imo.

24v is so much better.

with that being said i wouldnt make your byanz a donor car. you'd be better off selling it, keeping the 540i, and using even more funds for a 24v swap.

m6x is a slug, aftermarket support sucks, and everything about the swap is more complicated/expensive/specific then it needs to be with a 24v swap that would make the same power with a few bolt ons.
                      The m60 is not a slug....it's moderately quick in the e34 6 speed, and even more zippy in a car roughly 800 lbs less. It's just a different motor than a 24v. Your expense is the parts to make the motor work with the chassis, while the 24v major expense is typically the cost of the motor (s5x).

...And 11k for an auto m3? Take the money and run!

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
                        ...And 11k for an auto m3? Take the money and run!
                        Na, not yet at least. Clean E36 M3 prices are starting to go up so I'll probably keep it for another 2/3 years and see where they are
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post

24v is so much better.

As the owner of both a bar'd m60 e30 and a bar'd s52 e30... In my humble opinion... You are full of shit
                          My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                            As the owner of both a bar'd m60 e30 and a bar'd s52 e30... In my humble opinion... You are full of shit
                            deestroyed
                            C6Z
                            S2K
                            VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                              Na, not yet at least. Clean E36 M3 prices are starting to go up so I'll probably keep it for another 2/3 years and see where they are

I feel like they just hit rock bottom? Hmm. You can get a clean one for like $5k now.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                                I feel like they just hit rock bottom? Hmm. You can get a clean one for like $5k now.
                                Where are these 5k clean M3's you speak of haha there around 9-12 where I am haha
                                C6Z
                                S2K
                                VeloN

Comment

Working...
                                X