X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    and the BRZ?...
    that situation is between finance and insurance now, and i don't give a shit anymore as long as it doesn't cost me anything.

they're good cars, but i should have bought something that wasn't so close to what i'd already built.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      nate gave me an entire m50 for free. $500 for a s52 bottom end is laughable
      It wasn't free, you're supposed to give me handys for life

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

The BRZ/86 would definitely be my e30 replacement car of choice if say: school didn't cost so much, girlfriend/family grew a hate for the "old" e30 strong enough to push me away.. Haha.

Edit: I've driven both on one of my favorite local roads and can confirm that they are, far too similar in terms of handling characteristics/capability.
        Last edited by Toodaloo; 03-31-2016, 08:57 PM.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

The BRZ is waaaay more capable than an E30. It fits 255s, has more power and awesome gearing.

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
            Well if you find an S52 bottom end for cheaper, let me know and I'll drop it down
            Take out the crank and sell it for $300, then sell the pistons and rods seperately. THEN give away the block or turn it into a coffee table.

Originally posted by decay View Post
            that situation is between finance and insurance now, and i don't give a shit anymore as long as it doesn't cost me anything.

they're good cars, but i should have bought something that wasn't so close to what i'd already built.
            exactly, hopefully that all works out. good luck

the second part is one of the main reasons why I bought the benz. Its fun enough that I dont want to crash it into a pole, but just not worth the effort to make it better because I still have the E30. With that said, I do dream about giving it K1 V1s, a Renntech chip and do something with the exhaust system. (they sound great when you delete the mufflers, but that seems too childish and could get annoying if it ends up drone-ey)

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            damn good deal, Carson you should offer up the block the same way
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The BRZ is waaaay more capable than an E30. It fits 255s, has more power and awesome gearing.

Maybe capability was the wrong word.. I agree, a modified BRZ would destroy an e30. However I meant more along the lines that they feel very similar in many ways, and in essence the BRZ is often designated for the same task as the e30. Sure, they have slightly different approaches, and each excels in different ways. The BRZ is stronger in the handling department, while weaker in the versatility, etc. But over all, I see them being kind of meant for the same thing and often compared to each other.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

a BRZ isnt really up to the task of the E30s capability. I mean, I know a BRZ can hold 2 E30 fenders, but the E30 can do that and still have the trunk to use. haha
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

if that what they call doing that, what i did to your ignition, my figures hurt the day after.

the issue whit the brz is that it's the same car as an e30 but lacking soul. as DK said it was what he already built. the brz needs a turbo option or something to account for the 25 years of progress between it and the e30 m3.

model 3 reserve is today. if i hadn't spent so much on the e30 today, I would have put a down payment on it.

Oliver has an e30. he is once again, "cool."
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                    Maybe capability was the wrong word.. I agree, a modified BRZ would destroy an e30. However I meant more along the lines that they feel very similar in many ways, and in essence the BRZ is often designated for the same task as the e30. Sure, they have slightly different approaches, and each excels in different ways. The BRZ is stronger in the handling department, while weaker in the versatility, etc. But over all, I see them being kind of meant for the same thing and often compared to each other.
                    Fair enough. I tend to think of capability in terms of numbers. I rode in a buddy's STX FRS at autox... KW V3s, 255 Z2s, thing had stupid grip. I can see why they dominate that class.

Comment

model 3 reserve is today. if i hadn't spent so much on the e30 today, I would have put a down payment on it.
                      They sold 115,000 of them in the first 30 minutes
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

27k after rebates seems like a hell of a deal for one

Comment

Too bad it's so ugly. The Model S is an amazing looking car...the design language doesn't translate to a smaller sedan or a taller SUV.

That's the BRZ/86's problem too. I'm naturally biased against them though as I absolutely fucking hate Subarus.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Aslo David, where are you moving?
                            Not entirely sure yet. Looking at a couple places near Redwood City. I despise commuting so I'm looking for places close to work.

I'm hesitant on the Model 3, I'd want to drive and sit in one before I preorder it.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

i bet they will refine it before manufacturing in ~3 years. but as oliver said, $27k for a nice electric car is a good buy.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

nate gave me an entire m50 for free. $500 for a s52 bottom end is laughable
                                I sold a full s50 for $500. $500 for a bottom end is people trying to get rich CL prices.

Feedback!
                                Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                                Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Working...
                                X