This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
    No worries! Thanks for accommodating my schedule. I really appreciate it. I took a look at the cars, and I'd definitely be interested in the z3 shifter!
    Yeah, knew you were coming from Napa and didn't want to make cheap wheels expensive with another trip.

I'd definitely pull the Z3 shifter for you; I already have one in the E30. Taking a couple hours tomorrow to pull the rear fenders and diff for a FB guy, will get it out then.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

"...and have subframes made of chocolate."
      Attached Files
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post

Seems about right.

I have a sweet tooth...

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Dragged the girlfriend around the bay for a parts run today... No idea why she still loves me haha.
          Took my fiance on another parts run, but I try to give her incentive so we stopped and had lunch with one of her good friends in OC. I try to keep her happy because shes a good sport about going on these runs with me. I recommend you do the same.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Took my fiance on another parts run, but I try to give her incentive so we stopped and had lunch with one of her good friends in OC. I try to keep her happy because shes a good sport about going on these runs with me. I recommend you do the same.

Hah, that's the only way to do it and come out of it all without missing a limb. Bought us lunch at our favorite place on the way and stopped to shop for a little while too. Then earlier today we went to the mall and helped her choose some outfits!
            I try and keep her happy, and spoil her to the best of my ability.
            If I have the option between choosing a day with her or grabbing some parts or a car event, you better believe she comes first.

I was actually contemplating even picking up the wheels on Friday, however it was on the way back up to Napa and I have way too much studying to do to have been able to take out 3-4 hours of my day tomorrow to pick them up. It was very tongue in cheek for me to drag her around, but she seemed to be fine with it. After it all I was like "don't worry, no more car related stuff anytime soon!"
            I try and keep my mouth shut about cars around her or her friends, I worry I'll annoy her too much. Lol.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
              i would trade my hunk of shit e30 for one, any day.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

cleared out my afternoon for a guy who wanted parts from the Z3. radio silence.

oh well, time for beer i guess.

oh yeah, there's motogp this weekend. that goes with beer.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  Oh that's the best, nothing like a nice middle finger on a sunday afternoon!
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

oh well, time for beer i guess.

oh yeah, there's motogp this weekend. that goes with beer.
                    Ducati goofed it hardcore

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Hmm to paint and install Zender side skirts, or to find someone to trade them for IS side skirts.
                      Last edited by Toodaloo; 04-04-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Hmm to paint and install Zander side skirts, or to find someone to trade them for IS side skirts.
                        If earlies are the same, you've got a dealio
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

Keep the Zenders. The iS skirts only barely satisfy the definition of "skirts".
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Keep the Zenders. The iS skirts only barely satisfy the definition of "skirts".
                            They look so clean on Alpine though!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

I totally agree, I like the zenders more, but I'm worried they might be visually a little too heavy.

I always preferred having the black trim line on the bottom of the car. Hell, even when I resprayed/ color matched my front and rear valances, I ended up spraying the rear valance trim line with SEM undercoat (along with the rocker panels). Then plasti dipped the lip black (so that I could go back to the color matched lip if I chose to in the future).
                              I plan to clean them up and respray them with SEM trim black to go with the whole black/white panda theme I currently have going on, but I'm worried the little "winglets" on the skirt might mess with the visual balance and lines of the car.
                              It would look a bit like Taylor downey's car, just white instead of bronzit:

Old pic from last summer, but good shot of the lines at a similar angle. (Note that the car now has different wheels, sits higher up, and has an IS lip in the rear)

Comment

Hmmmmmm, to put 4k into this E30 or to buy a black '89 325is and have 2000 to split between the 2.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                                C6Z
                                S2K
                                VeloN

Comment

Working...
                                X