X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Were those s-drives any good?
    i had 3 sets of sdrives on my mtech2. the scallop very easily and would not hold your power.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      i had 3 sets of sdrives on my mtech2. the scallop very easily and would not hold your power.

Well nothing short of 255 Hoosiers would hold the power, but right now I have $70 Federals that are toast. The only other real option is the s-drive.

I like the Federals since they are good for straight line grip but they are on back order everywhere

Comment

S. Drives are decent tires for the money. They're an older design dating back to 2010 or so, but nonetheless, a decent tire. They're the lower end of summer tires, so they're not going to be as grippy, but for DD duty I like them, only second to the Potenza RE760 (smoother ride), but I'm not sure if they make those in the size you need.

Comment

Yeah I need 215/40 16s
          No way a 225 would fit :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

I love my 215/40 S drives. For a street/daily tire they do everything I want and more!

Hey Carson, what condition are those skirts in?
            Last edited by Toodaloo; 04-15-2016, 08:37 AM.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

i had them on the m3, they were loud as fuck

Comment

AZENIS RT615K
                215 45 16 would be a good tire. terrible in the rain tho.
                215 40 16 is an inch too small. stock e30 is a 24" tall tire. 40 is 22.8", 45 is 23.6"
                i hate the look of tires that small on an e30. it just doesnt fill the wheel-well enough
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

I liked the S.drives a lot and they were pretty well priced too.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

AZENIS RT615K
                    215 40 16 is an inch too small. stock e30 is a 24" tall tire. 40 is 22.8", 45 is 23.6"
                    i hate the look of tires that small on an e30. it just doesnt fill the wheel-well enough

Totally agree. If I could find a 225/40 or a 215/45 easily for under $140 a tire that would be awesome

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

AZENIS RT615K
                      The Falken 615ks are some of the worst tires I've ever driven on. Total complete junk. Oddly enough I thought they were better in the rain than they were in the dry. You get any heat in them and they just go greasy as hell.

Look into a BF Goodrich G-Force Rival S. $142.20 each from tirerack. Its a MUCH better tire.

Will
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                        Hey Carson, what condition are those skirts in?
                        Is there a difference in late and early models?
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

i have a bunch of craigslist/facebook randoms coming to my house tomorrow to pull shit off the Z3, and one more to take away my ex's POS honda scooter.

i've learned that i do not enjoy the experience of parting out cars.
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                            Is there a difference in late and early models?

I don't think so, they have the same rocker panels.

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            i have a bunch of craigslist/facebook randoms coming to my house tomorrow to pull shit off the Z3, and one more to take away my ex's POS honda scooter.

i've learned that i do not enjoy the experience of parting out cars.

Yeah it's definitely a process...

If there's any chance you haven't gotten rid of the shifter, I'm still interested!

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Well I'm on like 6 different levels of annoyed... Did my front wheel bearings yesterday. While I was at it I removed my coilovers to clean and lube them, as well as my sway bar end links. Lastly, I cleaned and coated the wheel wells with undercoating for some added protection.

After installing the wheel bearings, I realized the heat shields go on first. -__-
                              Had to remove the wheel bearings, but the inner races on both sides came off when pulling them.

I'm sure the bearing cages are broken on them now, but there's nothing I can really do. Packed them with more bearing grease and stuck them back on. This happened to my last bearings a year ago, but those were almost done anyway and quite a few miles on them.

Hopefully I can get 15-20k out of the ones I just installed (due to the broken cage)...

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                                If there's any chance you haven't gotten rid of the shifter, I'm still interested!
                                from the Z3? yeah, still have it. r3vers get first dibs, they tend to actually show up and buy shit when they say they're going to.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X