This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    The Falken 615ks are some of the worst tires I've ever driven on. Total complete junk. Oddly enough I thought they were better in the rain than they were in the dry. You get any heat in them and they just go greasy as hell.

Look into a BF Goodrich G-Force Rival S. $142.20 each from tirerack. Its a MUCH better tire.

Will
    Will, i wasn't talking about using them for track. they did great for the year i dd'd them on my eta. except in the rain where they had no traction. you are right, they arent great for tracking or very hard use. the rivals dont come in the side he wants and while i love them for street and autox they were a good tire to dd if you have power steering.
    my favs and the tire im getting at the end of summer is the DZII 225/45/16. it's my favorite year round tire.

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
    After installing the wheel bearings, I realized the heat shields go on first. -__-
    Had to remove the wheel bearings, but the inner races on both sides came off when pulling them.
    i've done with a few times. once i got lucky twice i had to replace the bearing. that was a very expensive mistake and you just have to chalk it up to a learning exp.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Hey guys, I have a small issue with my dme.

So its an 87 325iS
      I had it running with a 380 ecu and for some reason it doesnt wanna idle with it anymore but itll idle perfectly with no cel with a 154 ecu I had laying around.

With the 380 itll run fine no hiccups but just die at idle.

Comment

Yeah it's definitely a process...

If there's any chance you haven't gotten rid of the shifter, I'm still interested!
        had better luck today- cleared $750 (thanks oliver) and the guy who wants my ex's scooter is still a "maybe".

yeah, come down some weekend and we'll pull the shifter and have a beer.

this Z3 was pretty heavily optioned out when new, i have lots more to go. does anyone want the power/heated seats? guy who was here today says it's easy to make them work in an e30, but i haven't done any research there myself. EDIT: oh look, someone has brackets. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377223
        Last edited by decay; 04-16-2016, 08:51 PM.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Hey guys,

I had what I believe to be timing chain guide failure on my m42. Just want to get your opinion on the matter before I go about ordering parts for this motor:

Thanks,

Joey

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
            Hey guys,
            ...on my m42. Just want to get your opinion on the matter before I go about ordering parts for this motor
            just replace it with an s/m50
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

isnt an entire m42 cheaper than just the timing kit?

Comment

m42's seem to be 300 to 800 dollars depending where you get one (aka private party vs. a dismantler).

The timing chain kit is 500 bucks or so, and then add another 500 to redo the cooling system and gaskets. I figure another m42 is going to have the same issues, so may as well do up the one I have if everything checks out...or so that's my thinking.

Otherwise it's down the 24v rabbit hole & BAR again...

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
                  24v
                  Done
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

psh build your M42 so you can keep up with the 24v's... Toes is doing it some straight comedy and you really see just how stupid the kid is...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I had my toe aligned this morning. Thoughts on my alignment specs? Not exactly happy about the one rear wheel with negative toe, but it's pretty miniscule and can't be adjusted till I replace my bushings and get adjustable brackets. Everything else seems pretty even though! I mean it handles amazingly, but always looking for another set of opinions on the numbers.
                      The old toe numbers were... BAD. I'm happy I got this done since I just got new tires recently

Custom suspension related parts are:
                      Coilovers
                      Treehouse CAB's
                      Z3 rack/e36 links
                      IE sway bars/reinforcements

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

I had my toe aligned this morning. Thoughts on my alignment specs? Not exactly happy about the one rear wheel with negative toe, but it's pretty miniscule and can't be adjusted till I replace my bushings and get adjustable brackets. Everything else seems pretty even though! I mean it handles amazingly, but always looking for another set of opinions on the numbers.
                        The old toe numbers were... BAD. I'm happy I got this done since I just got new tires recently

Custom suspension related parts are:
                        Coilovers
                        Treehouse CAB's
                        Z3 rack/e36 links
                        IE sway bars/reinforcements

The thrust angle actually worries me a tad. Does it pull a bit under acceleration?

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Anzi View Post
                          The thrust angle actually worries me a tad. Does it pull a bit under acceleration?

It does pull slightly to the right at highway speeds, however there's no funny business under acceleration. Thrust angle is only related to the rear wheels correct? Is there any chance it could be related to worn out/old bushings on the rear subframe?

Thanks,

Andrei
                          Last edited by Toodaloo; 04-18-2016, 10:00 PM.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Does anyone have late model g260 shift linkage? PM me if you have anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
                              Does anyone have late model g260 shift linkage? PM me if you have anything.
                              new is only $35 and it wont be worn out or breaking.
                              unless the car is a throwaway, buying new is very worth it for these cheap parts.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Anyone doing the CCA AutoX here in Marina on the 23rd?
                                C6Z
                                S2K
                                VeloN

Comment

Working...
                                X