Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a hook on a special smog?

Feedback!
    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yay, new E30 parts incoming! Hopefully they'll be installed by the AutoX on the 14th, B8 shocks/HR Super sport springs, StopTech rotors and PFC 08 pads. I iz hapi!
        Last edited by CarsonE30; 04-27-2016, 02:44 PM.
        C6Z
        S2K
        VeloN

Comment

Is the Mtree sold to papa or not?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Is the Mtree sold to papa or not?
            Since I'm asking 9 for it, the deal is, he'll pay for my E30 go fast parts then give me cash for whatever the difference is at the end. So, yes.
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

Yay, new E30 parts incoming! Hopefully they'll be installed by the AutoX on the 14th, B8 shocks/HR Super sport springs, StopTech slotted rotors and PFC 08 pads. I iz hapi!
              May 14th?

ugh. why do all the events have to be when I'm not in town.

ordering wheels and tires soon.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                May 14th?

ugh. why do all the events have to be when I'm not in town.

ordering wheels and tires soon.
                May 14th AutoX, May 23rd Laguna. Hopefully it stays together!
                C6Z
                S2K
                VeloN

Comment

What do you guys think about this one im going look at it tomorrow :)

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
                    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5559415121.html

What do you guys think about this one im going look at it tomorrow :)
                    I like it because it's Cirrus and manual. I don't like it for every other reason but I'm a picky asshat.
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

I guess my standards are too high. I'd search for a different car... But any car can be resurrected for the right about of money!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

He'd have to take way less imo, I wouldn't pay more than 1600 for it.
                        Last edited by CarsonE30; 04-27-2016, 03:29 PM.
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

Tire question - I'll still keep my basketweaves and their current tires for daily use if I need to but for summer/autox/track days, what would be the best tire for the buck? It seems to be a toss up between the Direzza Z2's, Toyo R888's and the Toyo RA1's. What do the track guys, ahem Nate, Will and David, say?
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

Tire question - I'll still keep my basketweaves and their current tires for daily use if I need to but for summer/autox/track days, what would be the best tire for the buck? It seems to be a toss up between the Direzza Z2's, Toyo R888's and the Toyo RA1's. What do the track guys, ahem Nate, Will and David, say?
                            How many track days have you done?

If not many, Z2s or RE71R or RS3. If you've got plenty of days under your belt, or want the fastest non-hoosier tire, NT01/R888/RA1/RR/RC-1. If you've got near zero, just run your current street tires. You have enough things to think about at your first track day than ultimate tire grippiness.

I'd say buy street tires like the Z2 class tire. They'll last longer, they're plenty fast, and they have a lot more auditory feedback as you approach the limit compared to some R-comps. Get the stickier tires when you're pretty comfortable driving your car at the limit or if you're competing.
                            Last edited by Bimmerman325i; 04-27-2016, 05:04 PM.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              How many track days have you done?

If not many, Z2s or RE71R or RS3. If you've got plenty of days under your belt, or want the fastest non-hoosier tire, NT01/R888/RA1/RR/RC-1

I'd say buy street tires like the Z2 class tire. They'll last longer, they're plenty fast, and they have a lot more auditory feedback as you approach the limit compared to some R-comps. Get the stickier tires when you're pretty comfortable driving your car at the limit or if you're competing.
                              That's the most perfect answer I could've hoped for, thanks David! I have 1 Laguna day and 4 AutoX's, this year though, I'm trying to get as much seat time as possible. The Z2 seems to be the go to tire for everyone until they run SE30 and need the NT01-type compound. Should I keep the weaves to daily still or will the Z2's last plenty long on daily duty to not have to worry about it?
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

That's the most perfect answer I could've hoped for, thanks David! I have 1 Laguna day and 4 AutoX's, this year though, I'm trying to get as much seat time as possible. The Z2 seems to be the go to tire for everyone until they run SE30 and need the NT01-type compound. Should I keep the weaves to daily still or will the Z2's last plenty long on daily duty to not have to worry about it?
                                No problem!

Depending on how many miles you drive and your tolerance for road noise, the Z2s can be a great DD tire (I DDd for years on Z1s). Things that will accelerate wear dramatically more than anything are tracking on stock-ish suspension/alignment (ask Nate about his E46 with PSS at laguna...) and excessive instagram kiddo lowering.

The tires last very well, with the caveat that if they're not wearing evenly across the face of the tire (see earlier statement) then they won't last as long.

If you drive many many miles per year, and don't have the budget to replace Z2s every few months, probably best to have separate track + street sets of rubbery things.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X