Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to do it with the vise grips at lunch today but bent the tab down. Will snug it all up tonight and I guess use my jack to press tab back parallel. what a piece of shit design.
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

How much trouble is putting my '87 325is power train in a '84 318 E30?

Does the chassis harness need to be replaced?

I imagine I will need a new radiator.

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
        How much trouble is putting my '87 325is power train in a '84 318 E30?

I imagine I will need a new radiator.

Not just radiator but complete cooling system. Engine but I don't think chassis Harness needs to be replaced as does the transmission driveshaft and rear end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

well, the diff would be optional, but probably recommended.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
            :shock:
            A supercharged M42 in a 2002 chassis would be epic.
            Its pretty dope, I ended up with ZeroG's intercooled DASC.

Originally posted by decay View Post
            It's compact, pretty much uses up the space the long curved runners of the stock M42 mani occupy. I think you'll be ok.
            Yeah im mainly worried about hood and brake booster clearance, I already know im gonna have to find some funky rad hoses to clear the belts.

Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
            Nope, you just need the engine harness/ecu, like an m5x swap.
            -Alex

Comment

This is the m42 candidate:

SC+AWIC:

SC in ZeroG's car:

Current DD till the Malaga is done:
              -Alex

Comment

A good friend of mine has a eurosport twin screw on his high compression S52, making 400whp at altitude. Thing is an absolute riot and makes my car feel slow.

If the DASC is to the M42 as the ESTS is to the S52...goddamn, that'll be fun.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  did you put your m42 in yet
                  nope. the 2002 is covered in spider webs now. i guess im gonna burn it to the ground.

i have become "that guy" that pays people to work on his car now

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                    A good friend of mine has a eurosport twin screw on his high compression S52, making 400whp at altitude. Thing is an absolute riot and makes my car feel slow.

If the DASC is to the M42 as the ESTS is to the S52...goddamn, that'll be fun.
                    This is a dyno from the PO, should be pretty fun in a 2100 lbs car

-Alex

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      :shock:
                      Also. I can't get the idea of mudflaps out of my head. Someone talk me out of it.
                      I've been thinking the same have you seen the OEM plastic ones?

Comment

Don't do it.

You don't want to look like every other starter pack Wrx in the Bay Area with terrible looking rally armor mud flaps

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

that reminds me, my buddy has a set of those things he needs to sell. get them out of my garage!!!
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

S85/DCT swapped E30 M3 project. Because a SC'd S50 just wasn't enough.
                            C6Z
                            S2K
                            VeloN

Comment

I'm off to san diego for the weekend then austin texas all in my e30, wish me luck.

Leaving at two am, trying to sleep but I'm on r3v
                              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                                Don't do it.

You don't want to look like every other starter pack Wrx in the Bay Area with terrible looking rally armor mud flaps
                                I'm only interested in the OEM ones, I don't like the flatness of the rally armor ones.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X