This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    just go all out on the pay-someone-else route. i mean shit, if anyone's got an excuse to do that, it's you- you spend half your week working on other people's cars.

i'm happy to share my research on making m42 long-blocks hotter. if you commit to tearing the engine down, there are swap-in upgrades for a lot of the rotating assembly.
    Kinda sounds like he should just make it a car first 😛

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
      Kinda sounds like he should just make it a car first ��
      i had a dream build in mind for that engine.

M44 crank, S52 pistons, E36 valves, VAG lifters, the Metric Mechanic single-timing-chain kit. all either bigger or lighter or both.

shut up and let me talk oliver into building it. he doesn't need money
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

i had a dream build in mind for that engine.

M44 crank, S52 pistons, E36 valves, VAG lifters, the Metric Mechanic single-timing-chain kit. all either bigger or lighter or both.

shut up and let me talk oliver into building it. he doesn't need money
        What would this turn the M42 into?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Jesus craigslist is hilarious. I'm selling my 3" conforti intake (E36). Witness the hilarity:

Chucklehead: "I'm interested in the intake what's the least you'll take ?"

Me: "Thanks for the interest! I am asking $250, what is your offer?"

Chucklehead: "Would you do $100 plus a pair of vintage 12 channel world wide range walkie talkies ? "

fuckin' craigslist.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
            What would this turn the M42 into?
            an M42 built with the best available factory options. like how you can new-order a Personalized BMW.
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

an M42 built with the best available factory options. like how you can new-order a Personalized BMW.

just drop off the m42 Core to rebello with 10k ++ and get back a 260rwhp monster

If you can't play then don't dream sorry. A s54 swap is 310rwhp at 8400rpm and 10k all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                just drop off the m42 Core to rebello with 10k ++ and get back a 260rwhp monster

If you can't play then don't dream sorry. A s54 swap is 310rwhp at 8400rpm and 10k all in.
                does shitting on other people's ideas make your tiny dick a fraction of an inch longer? because if not, you're doing it for no reason.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

does shitting on other people's ideas make your tiny dick a fraction of an inch longer? because if not, you're doing it for no reason.
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Why are you bringing up an S54 swap, when he's talking about doing a badass NA built M42?

For $10k you could also do an LSx swap and make 500whp, so your argument makes no sense. As does your attitude...
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

there's a guy here who has a MM built M42... it sounds like it's pretty solid power-wise.

in b4 eric hates on 4cyl motors
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        there's a guy here who has a MM built M42... it sounds like it's pretty solid power-wise.

in b4 eric hates on 4cyl motors
                        yeah, he's southbay i think. and he had a damned cool project of a MAF conversion for the M42. i was thinking of offering to sell the ITBs to him before oliver's zooz shit the bed. i'd like to meet that guy sometime.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

Does anyone know a site that sells the early model in tank fuel pump for a reasonable price?

~$300 just seems like an insane price tag for that part.
                          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

William (bmwman - something or other) has a MM M42. Super clean car and super nice guy
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              William (bmwman - something or other) has a MM M42. Super clean car and super nice guy
                              yeah, that's the same guy we're talking about. traded PMs with him a couple times, he is a good dude.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

I bought a cheap ($1000) car over the weekend. (It will probably be expensive after fixing everything...)

1986 325e Lapis Blue.
                                202K miles with broken odometer
                                Salvage title. And no title.
                                Automatic transmission with oil everywhere on the engine.
                                Some small dents on the hood and door dings on sides.

First thing is to get a brake and light inspection. Does anyone have a favorite place to get this done?
                                I need to check reverse lights, and there is a brake light on the dash. I have to figure out if it is brakes, or wear sensor.

After that I need to figure out how to smog it. Previous owner said in needs a cat. Car smoked under load going over Altamont pass.

Then I can start moving parts from my 325is.

The insurance adjuster came by Monday and said there should be a value by today. We'll see. I can buy the car back from insurance for $125. How much does it cost to send the remains to car heaven?

AAA can't help registering cars with a salvage title. :-( Spent ~2 hours at DMV getting paper work with my name on it.

Thanks,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X