Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you may have overpaid for a salvage / no title car with obvious issues. Hopefully its clean. Lets see some pictures!!!

A car like this probably needs basic stuff addressed to knock out most of the "issues" Good luck!
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      Why are you bringing up an S54 swap, when he's talking about doing a badass NA built M42?

For $10k you could also do an LSx swap and make 500whp, so your argument makes no sense. As does your attitude...

Because a s54 is a badass built Na engine; swap cost is similar as an awesome built m42.

You seem to like s54's; I've also actually done a s54-

pointless to spout talk about something one doesn't actually do-

Rebello builds very good m42's. Why hate?
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
        pointless to spout talk about something one doesn't actually do-
        that was my build plan for the engine. i didn't execute it because with everything i've done, the car became impossible to smog. if we were in any other state than CA or NY, i'd have kept going.

that's why it got sold to oliver, who has a smog-exempt car that needs an engine. it's not spouting talk to share the many hours of research i did on how to build an M42 with him.
        Last edited by decay; 06-25-2016, 05:14 AM.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Guise. I messed up. I have no money. But it's worth it. I pick up the 135 tomorrow and another E30 Saturday. #1stWorldProblems
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

Let's see if I can upload pics using Tapatalk....

All lights are working. Last night I moved brake wear sensors an wheels to the blue car.

Now, just need to make sure headlight adjusters work and replace the taillight with the hole in it...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bob, I like that color, shame its still kinda beat. I think this will be a nice transformation. With the wheel selection you have and the fresh motor, this thing will get a big upgrade in the next few months. It will be nice when that check panel is nice and blank!
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Bob, I like that color, shame its still kinda beat. I think this will be a nice transformation. With the wheel selection you have and the fresh motor, this thing will get a big upgrade in the next few months. It will be nice when that check panel is nice and blank!
                Thank you.

Got the results from the insurance adjuster...
                ~$2300. This includes the $25 to buy back the car. It starts at $2018 and then they add some fees for disposal...

I need to get comps for an '87 325is (if anyone sees ads in California, I am watching SF and LA craigslist). I also need to get receipts from my mechanic.

Hoping to get a brake and light inspection done this weekend.

Comment

yeah, don't agree to that

when the 635 died I gathered up all the documentation and about 10 ad listings of comparably nice cars (mostly from bringatrailer, forums, and ebay. craigslist is generally not the best source..). an adjuster came out to verify that my car had been in good shape, a week later they offer about 20% more than the highest-priced ad I sent them.

keep fighting!
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    yeah, don't agree to that

when the 635 died I gathered up all the documentation and about 10 ad listings of comparably nice cars (mostly from bringatrailer, forums, and ebay. craigslist is generally not the best source..). an adjuster came out to verify that my car had been in good shape, a week later they offer about 20% more than the highest-priced ad I sent them.

keep fighting!

I did the same thing with an old Honda. First offer was 3800 I settled for 5100 and it was a beater. Fight those dicks for all they got.

Tapatalk
                    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Carson just had a 87 iS get totalled. Not sure where hes at with his process

also go here and look for the 87 iS cars that have sold...

Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Carson just had a 87 iS get totalled. Not sure where hes at with his process

also go here and look for the 87 iS cars that have sold...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384251

Friend bought a clean 89 coupe on cl in Watsonville for 6500 asking was 8000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                          Friend bought a clean 89 coupe on cl in Watsonville for 6500 asking was 8000

The insurance is pretty specific in that it has to be the same model year, and in California.

Thanks.

That one 325is from California from the list 2mAn created will work well.

Comment

Oh okay. Isn't there an 87 is on sale in San Carlos on cl?

Comment

A couple quick ones from CL

Tapatalk
                              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post

this is the one that sold on BaT for $5,000. go back a little further and another one sold for over $10k!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X