This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Eh, I agree with Will. You need driver mod, not slower car or modified car. Buying a Miata won't make you autocross any better if you don't have anyone teaching you how to do it, and your 135i is just as good a learner's car as a Miata. Doubly so, since you already own it.

Drive the 135, and rather than mod it spend the money on driving/autox schools and track time. Guarantee it'll be more fun once you get used to thrashing it around the course.

I like miatas, but in your case it seems like a $3k bandaid on a driver inexperience problem.

Car chassis matters a lot less on autocross than skilled driver.
    ^ This! Well said Bimmerman.

I'm happy to teach. We all suck when we start. Autocross is not an easy event to master quickly. Getting good at it makes you a better driver overall. Learning in a hard car just makes you that much better of a driver once you get it figured out.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

I think my car may be mine now.

I finally passed all the smog requirements.
      I had to get a new cat because the one from my IS has a different code than the one for an e car. (Smog stuff sucks.)

Now to wait for the title...

Who had those sport seats... Are the still available?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
        I finally passed all the smog requirements.
        I had to get a new cat because the one from my IS has a different code than the one for an e car. (Smog stuff sucks.)

I cant believe they actually checked it! At least its all over now and you have a nice car and a nice parts car!

Post some pics when you throw new wheels on it
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

i can- eta cats are 2in 1out, b25s are 2 to 2. even the dumbest smog tech is going to catch that.

someone talk me out of buying that disastrously shitty flat-black '87 325 from SF on FB. i'm sorely tempted by it, but only if he fixes the CSB and comes down on the price.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

hello i'm back from yurp

i saw 4 e30s

one was on a flatbed, the only car on a flatbed I saw during the entire trip

Originally posted by decay View Post
            someone talk me out of buying that disastrously shitty flat-black '87 325 from SF on FB. i'm sorely tempted by it, but only if he fixes the CSB and comes down on the price.
            do you really want to own a car that was previously owned by someone who'd paint a car flat black?
            cars beep boop

Comment

how was eurolandia?
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

go to scotland
                cars beep boop

Comment

RHD weird to get used to?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get metal parts plated or chromed?

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      RHD weird to get used to?
                      I actually kind of liked it more than LHD - my right hand is better at steering than my left. not dying in traffic took a bit of work though.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

also can't go anywhere in this city without parking next to an e30, jeez

there's a few more down the street. a calypso sedan and a kinda beat black coupe that park next to each other a lot, as well as a laguna vert on RDs in perfect shape. who are you?
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Can anyone help my dad and I pull the m20 in his car to replace nearly all the gaskets? The only days we can do it are the 28, 29, and/or the 30th. You will get paid.

Comment

Bought a Veloster 8 days ago. it now has 1600 miles on it.
                            i would be ok selling my e30 and buying a second one for my self.
                            after 11 years of e30s, im getting the itch for something new.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

i've secretly always kinda liked those

cars beep boop

Comment

They have three doors. That's un-American

Comment

Working...
                                X