Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get 25mpg hammering it in my car, my daily also gets mid 20s but with AC and total comfort AND good power.

A C63 has probably the best motor Ive ever heard and in the C class its a subtle killer
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

I'm writing the FS ad :(

E28 M5 [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Tapatalk
      i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
        E28 M5 [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Tapatalk
        That's my uncle's old car! I recognize the old plates. It's the best street car I have ever driven. It was on ground control with mild spring rates, otherwise stock last I drove it Sure was sad to see it go... Hope it finds a great new home!
        Current:
        1991 325i Sedan - S50 Swap
        1988 325i Cabrio

Past:
        1991 M3
        1991 318is
        1985 325e

Comment

was your uncle the first or second owner? the ground controls are still on there, yup.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            A C63 has probably the best motor Ive ever heard and in the C class its a subtle killer
            exactly. A good friend has been singing the C63's praises ever since buying one for a DD and then deciding to run One Lap in it. I'm very tempted to buy one, it'd be nice to have a newer fun car. But I also would like a truck, and C63 can't tow for shit, because not-truck.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I've been lusting after the SLK55 AMG recently. Something about a huge V8 inside such a tiny car appeals to me ;)

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

The c63 AMG is by far the best looking newer 4dr Mercedes IMO. The designers just did it so right!

Anyway, I'm about to order the parts for my upper end refresh. Can anyone look over my cart before I check out? going trough ECS because they're the only ones to cary the Goetze HG... I went ahead and am ordering extra goodies to freshen up the engine while I'm at it!

keep in mind that ARP head studs, IM studs/nuts, and EM studs and nuts will be ordered separately through Ireland Engineering. Also, I just did the timing belt/water pump service so thats why i'll only be replacing the belt.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

I just finished putting new M50 injectors in, went for a spin, and during the drive something changed, and there's now definitely something wrong with the suspension. It doesn't seem to be sagging especially on any corner, but turn in feels all mush and the entire car doesn't feel tight all of a sudden. Not tossable anymore. Took the big 85mph sweeping right coming out of the caldecott tunnel and felt like the back end was wobbling around, steering/loose.

I took a back route today, twisty mountain road, slower speed. Typically I have a blast on this route, but I seemed to have to crank the wheel pretty far to get the car to turn. On-center response is almost nil.

I'm thinking I should bang out the front control arms (M3 CAB's already done), inner and outer tie rods (since my wheel was slightly cocked to one side), and take a look at the RTAB's.

I'd say it almost felt like hydroplaning on dry asphalt. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                    The c63 AMG is by far the best looking newer 4dr Mercedes IMO. The designers just did it so right!

Anyway, I'm about to order the parts for my upper end refresh. Can anyone look over my cart before I check out? going trough ECS because they're the only ones to cary the Goetze HG... I went ahead and am ordering extra goodies to freshen up the engine while I'm at it!

keep in mind that ARP head studs, IM studs/nuts, and EM studs and nuts will be ordered separately through Ireland Engineering. Also, I just did the timing belt/water pump service so thats why i'll only be replacing the belt.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Cart/?add1...tent=link2cart
                    Some of your parts, you could get on rockauto for pennies. I just got some of that stuff. Fuel filter cost me a dollar for a motorcraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                      Anyway, I'm about to order the parts for my upper end refresh. Can anyone look over my cart before I check out?
                      MISSING:
                      Timing belt tensioner - get the contitec kit. not just the belt
                      18301737774 x6
                      11621711954 x12
                      Gates water pump.
                      6 feet of injector fuel line
                      1gl BMW coolant

------------
                      dont buy
                      Fuel Injector O-Ring x13. get rebuilt m50 injects
                      Thermostat O-Ring (one usually comes with a new tstat)
                      Fuel Injector Clip - Priced Each
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by RdWing View Post
                        suspension borked
                        sounds like what happens when the RTABs go in an e36. look at your rear suspension, maybe your subframe is ready to drop out of the car.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          MISSING:
                          18301737774 x6
                          11621711954 x12
                          Gates water pump.
                          1gl BMW coolant

------------
                          dont buy
                          I have a 75C thermostat that I ran in my car for a month that I just yanked out. It's yours if you want it.

sounds like what happens when the RTABs go in an e36. look at your rear suspension, maybe your subframe is ready to drop out of the car.
                          fffffffff. I better get looking

Comment

Some of your parts, you could get on rockauto for pennies. I just got some of that stuff. Fuel filter cost me a dollar for a motorcraft.
                            I will shop around and try and get the best prices! Thanks!

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            MISSING:

(Have an OEM one sitting in my glovebox since I heard about the horror stories!)

(I recently replaced all the parts: Conti-tech timing belt kit (Belt, tensioner) new spring, graf water pump, and adjacent hardware. As much as I want to spend another $100 bucks on parts that have 3k miles on them, I don't think its really necessary since they're gauged to last 40-50k mile intervals. I'll probably just replace the belt!)

18301737774 x6

(Thanks!)

11621711954 x12

(Taken care of with the Irelant engineering stud/nut kit! Thanks!)

Gates water pump.

(Mentioned above, I'd like to reuse the one in there.)

(Thanks! replaced the in bay fuel lines 3 month ago, however I do need to replace the lines by the fuel filter, any idea what the ID/OD's are?)

1gl BMW coolant

(Dohhhhhh :D)
                            ------------
                            dont buy

(DO you have a good source for these? Will they work with my turner motorsports chip?)

(Recently replaced the T-Stat as well 5kish miles ago! I actually have both a 75 and 80 degree, both in great condition) though I may as well just replace it.

Thanks Eric!

I have a 75C thermostat that I ran in my car for a month that I just yanked out. It's yours if you want it.
                            Thanks!! I'll let you know if I need to snatch it!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

tensioner is a must. ive seen so many fail and $5 is money well spent.
                              yes the injectors will even work with a stock chip. 17.5*(3/3.5) is very close to stock.
                              injectors are being sold by someone here, idk who atm.
                              5/16" injector line
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

was your uncle the first or second owner? the ground controls are still on there, yup.
                                Second.

The car looks in credible with the euro bumpers and the super clean interior - nice work!
                                Current:
                                1991 325i Sedan - S50 Swap
                                1988 325i Cabrio

Past:
                                1991 M3
                                1991 318is
                                1985 325e

Comment

Working...
                                X