Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. Its a big project. Here are some pics after being cut and buffed out. God those wheels are ugly, at one point they were the nicest things on the car. That says something.

Anyone in the chrome business? I need some chrome done so I can proceed with reassembly. I'll try to hang some bright work on the car and get some pics of it outside if I can this weekend. (We'll see how that goes, might not go to plan.) I'm going to try to drop it off to get the headliner done before I bring it all the way back up to St Helena. I can't do a thing till the headliner is in place.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

will, my dad had the Z chrome redone. it was ~800, if you want the info email me
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Home temporarily before heading out to have the headliner installed.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Any decent Machine shops to get a m42 head checked/machined around sacramento?

Could i reuse a new Victor m42 head gasket that has been torqued down but never ran?
          Ordered bolts already, about to order a new gasket just to be safe probably a different brand. Not alot of good things about victor around.
          Last edited by Cakey; 12-05-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cakey View Post
            Any decent Machine shops to get a m42 head checked/machined around sacramento?

Could i reuse a new Victor m42 head gasket that has been torqued down but never ran?
            Ordered bolts already, about to order a new gasket just to be safe probably a different brand. Not alot of good things about victor around.
            I cannot say enough good things about Shaun at Star Machine in Berkeley, CA. Also, I wouldn't run a VR head gasket. They just have a terrible reputation and that's a big job for an iffy part.
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Hey does anyone have a front plate bracket i could pick up this week? i need one so i can get a fix it ticket signed off
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

^^ you can borrow mine. pm me to pick it up.

Comment

Query for anyone who may be in the know on here...

I have a 1997 car that hasnt been registered for 6 years. I'm pretty sure its out of the DMV electronic system by now and thus will need to have a verification of vehicle performed. This car is completely gutted, airbags removed, emissions equipment removed, etc. I imagine there is no possible way it will pass, correct?

Trying to figure out if I need to buy a new shell or not...
                  2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                  1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                  1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
                    Query for anyone who may be in the know on here...

I have a 1997 car that hasnt been registered for 6 years. I'm pretty sure its out of the DMV electronic system by now and thus will need to have a verification of vehicle performed. This car is completely gutted, airbags removed, emissions equipment removed, etc. I imagine there is no possible way it will pass, correct?

Trying to figure out if I need to buy a new shell or not...
                    Verification at DMV is to check the VIN matches title and registration. I don't recall them doing anything more on my car (has harnesses/roll bar, fixed back seats, no OE seatbelts, different engine, etc).

What will screw you is smog, unless you have a way to pass emissions and visual inspection.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Oh! this is promising. Smog is whatever... I can figure that out.

I looked at the form needed for the vehicle verification and it has a box for the inspector to check for the airbag...
                      2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                      1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                      1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

just remove the airbag lightbulb.

i do have an extra wheel and airbag if you need to borrow one
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          just remove the airbag lightbulb.

i do have an extra wheel and airbag if you need to borrow one
                          pretty sure this is for his probe, not E30
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

aw jeez now i've done it

cars beep boop

Comment

nicely done

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              pretty sure this is for his probe, not E30
                              oh, ewwww
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                                aw jeez now i've done it
                                e30s are boring anyway
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X