Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a total 180 degree turn of events, it appears my place as well as the place behind me managed to escape the fire. My neighbor took an illegal look see early monday morning and found both places apparently more or less unharmed. He didn't stay long, but did a quick once over and left. I haven't been able to go look for myself.

The fires are still crazy out of control. Zero visibility up valley. Skyline park on the east side of Napa looks like its totally burned out. Fire was headed for Oakville grade as well.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      In a total 180 degree turn of events, it appears my place as well as the place behind me managed to escape the fire. My neighbor took an illegal look see early monday morning and found both places apparently more or less unharmed. He didn't stay long, but did a quick once over and left. I haven't been able to go look for myself.

The fires are still crazy out of control. Zero visibility up valley. Skyline park on the east side of Napa looks like its totally burned out. Fire was headed for Oakville grade as well.

Will
      Well, that IS good news!
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Currently working another 16 doing evacs out here. This fire is real and it ain't stopping. The latest has it at 42,000+ acres at 3% contained.

Comment

[QUOTE=BlackbirdM3;4834388]In a total 180 degree turn of events, it appears my place as well as the place behind me managed to escape the fire. /QUOTE]

Wow that's lucky. Came here to check on this - when I heard Napa, I thought, Ohh, that's where Will is......

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
            This fire is real and it ain't stopping.
            When these big fires burn across Montana they mostly eat trees. When they roll through whole neighborhoods like yours - wow...

When the news says 100 people missing, do you think they're just out of communication, or were they trapped?

Comment

This has been a very strange experience. I don't quite know how to put it into words. The best I can do are photos, I've been shooting pics since Sunday afternoon starting with the Green Island Fire, and continuing through last night so far. The Atlas peak stuff was crazy, the Partrick Rd fire was even more insane (I was at work for those, the fire didn't get closer than a couple miles, but still, insane to see that much area covered in flame.) Last night I shot a few pics looking toward Skyline park, and in one shot, the flames must have been 100 feet high. Totally insane.

I'm going to try and get into my place in an hour or so. I'll take the camera in assuming I can get in.

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

good luck. don't breathe too much of the smoke.

A friend's parents' house was right on the edge of the Patrick fire. They don't know if it's still up..
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  good luck. don't breathe too much of the smoke.

A friend's parents' house was right on the edge of the Patrick fire. They don't know if it's still up..
                  Do you know where abouts? I might be able to tell you. Get me an address and I'll do my best to verify if I can get close enough.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Petaluma here.

So far we've been spared but have fires directly north and east of us. Prepared to evacuate anyways...

Glad you're good Will.

Comment

Yup, I live less than a mile from Skyline park and it's pretty toasted. Just went under an evacuation advisory. Hoping the winds work in our favor tonight.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

praying for rain
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

A friend trying to save his house.

Barely managed to save some plants.

View from end of my street.

Friends homes burning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

The fuckery is just starting to get crazy as of yesterday in Sonoma.

i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Would be nice to get this bitch in the air to help out

While wildfires rage across Western states, the SuperTanker sits idly in an airport hanger because of bureaucratic red tape

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                                Would be nice to get this bitch in the air to help out

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/worlds-...d-by-u-s-govt/

That's a big ole bitch

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X