This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    stumbled across this in the castro, anyone here?

That looks like my friends car that he sold 2-3 months ago

Comment

I would hate to park my car in the city...
      JP
      WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
      88 325 super eta
      00 528i/5 (daily)
      02 530iA sport

Former
      04 525iA sport
      87 325is
      91 325i
      97 528i

Comment

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
        Not if you keep the metal bumpers! haha:devil:
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

4 months into "I used to own a pretty nice e30", one e46 M3, and one e36 M3; I'm ready to get back into an e30... I finally understand why everyone regrets selling theirs, first hand!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
            "I used to own a pretty nice e30"
            ...k, yeah, it was "pretty nice."

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

yeah, not just because people park by braille either- i put the baur in storage because i caught someone getting ready to break a window on it while i was outside having a cig.
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post

Haha, it had its imperfections.

The current e36M in the stable is quite nice. Very healthy, low owners and miles, strong compression numbers, well maintained, and has very subtle tasteful mods: (Dinan intake, Remus exhaust, GC coilovers, and square rear contours). The e46 was a powerhouse but truly out of my price range when you factor in maintenance and heavy repairs like Vanos, rod bearings, etc. The e36 in my eyes feels like the confused middle child that doesn't know if it wants to be a go kart or a luxurious autobahn machine.

On paper, it's so much better than the e30. But it just doesn't tickle me the way my old e30 did.

I have some big plans for another e30 build, but I need to figure out just when to take on another project. Ideally after I graduate, but that'll be a few more years.

Anyone want to trade their clean (or not) 318is for a gorgeous estoril 99' m3? Ha ha... (I'm serious) The value should be the same of course; unless funds are added on one end of the other.

Anyway. Glad to see you're all doing well. I haven't logged on in quite a while and should probably wrap up my old build thread.

So sorry to hear about your car Steven! That's why I would hate to have to leave my car on the street for an extended period. :/

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

^ I would make that trade if I had the car lol... pics of the M?
                    JP
                    WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
                    88 325 super eta
                    00 528i/5 (daily)
                    02 530iA sport

Former
                    04 525iA sport
                    87 325is
                    91 325i
                    97 528i

Comment

^ I would make that trade if I had the car lol... pics of the M?

Hopefully these guys don't banish me for posting non e30 content :D

Comment

Hopefully these guys don't banish me for posting non e30 content :D
                        i only saw a pile of shit

was there supposed to me something more?
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Gorgeous car.

Track it yet? These cars come alive on track or at an autocross.

I get where you're coming from though. My stock E36 is a really nice car but it's also kinda meh compared to the wild insanity of the red car or the SS. Slightly modified and driven hard though, they're amazing machines. Not as visceral an experience as an E30, but they are so easy to drive fast(er). They also don't have the running costs of the E46....but in trade you get a much less interesting motor until you mod it heavily. A built S52 is pretty damn entertaining.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I put some flea bay headers on my ZHP this weekend..........holy shit it feels and sounds good, the power is astonishing. Install wasn't horrible either everything lined up fine, gaskets were ok as well.
                            i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

4 months into "I used to own a pretty nice e30", one e46 M3, and one e36 M3; I'm ready to get back into an e30... I finally understand why everyone regrets selling theirs, first hand!
                              "I used to own a pretty nice e30" Now there is the understatement of the year. Your car was about as nice of an E30 as you can get. I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the replacement(s). Is there any chance of you being able to buy your car back? If not, time to start over. At least this time you know what to look for, and what paths not to follow.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Bimmerheads if building me a 3L m20. i have new wheels coming from England in a month or so.
                                i'm trying to go for that "pretty nice e30" soon.

That Tesla roadster is so pretty. Wish it wasnt so damn expensive. I cancelled my order today, cant justify spending 200k, "that's not in the budget"-wife.

2 weekends ago I did the M performance school in palm springs. It was amazing and makes me want the M2 CS. We took out on Thermal the M3 CS and it was terrifying and their brakes are by far the best part.
                                Last edited by Cabriolet; 11-17-2017, 09:32 PM.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X