This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marco,
    the tree house racing cabs are just fine if you are rubber everywhere else. however the M3 rubber is what i've put in all my cars and love it. it's as good as doing an e36 rack in the car.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
      Okay thanks guys. I will go with solid centered to see if it helps my problem, unless anyone has a different opinion given my issues...

I think my passenger side CAB was pressed in slightly off. I can’t remember, I do remember the control arm being at a different height/angle than the drivers side when installing everything though. I am having trouble with a shake on that side around 60-75mph and my car does not track straight, it pulls to the right. I’ve had it aligned twice (Big O Tires) and it still tracks to the right. I’ve also rotated the tires and that hasn’t helped so not an unbalanced tire situation. Could a bad wheel bearing cause this at all? I have this weird little squeak/metal scrape sound when braking, its constant, same spot every rotation of the wheel, mainly happens at low speeds.

I just got my first engineering job that I’ll be needing to commute 15-20 miles one way to and dont want to deal with this anymore.
      Stuck caliper? Bent Control arm?

Congrats on the engineering job! What are you going to be doing?
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        Marco,
        the tree house racing cabs are just fine if you are rubber everywhere else. however the M3 rubber is what i've put in all my cars and love it. it's as good as doing an e36 rack in the car.
        I wonder if I can just have a shop press out the ones I have and have them repressed in.. I just don't want to have much down time for the car so I was going to try and order lollipops with bushings pre-pressed in.

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        Stuck caliper? Bent Control arm?

Congrats on the engineering job! What are you going to be doing?
        Control arms and bushings, tie rods, end links etc are prettymuch brand new so that should all be okay. Every now and then the car will pull left when braking hard, but very rarely so maybe that passenger caliper isn't functioning properly. I should replace them with refurb units, the rears are refurb anyways.

And thank you! I got a sales engineering position for a company called Precision Fluid Controls. They manufacture and sell valves/regulators for aerospace launch and ground vehicle propulsion systems.

Comment

Not sure if you have a bench vise, but the bushings will press into the brackets without too much trouble once everything is lined up. The bushing case is a little wider than the bracket itself, so you'll have to get clever with sockets to space things for the last bit.

Installing the new bushings with the arms already installed on car can be a pain sometimes, as the solid rubber bushings don't deflect too much. This is where the special puller/installer tool can help.

Comment

No bench vice unfortunately, gotta pay a shop to do it or buy prepressed. Hard to find a set of lollipops with the solid rubber pre-pressed, miight just have to go for something harder. Condor UMHV or a poly bushing. These would be easier for me to install on the CAalso, so might be a good choice. I can always rent a puller, but idk about install tools. Is it the same thing?

Comment

Just find a euro shop and call them up, they’ll do it quickly for cheap. I had a German auto shop here in Livermore flip an offset CSB that was installed wrong by my driveline shop for $20.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

I’ll have to call around tomorrow and see what I can find.

Comment

Shame you're not closer. I have a press at work I can use, and I can also use the one at German Auto Sport in Berkeley.

As far as pressing them in if you're going to do it, I would use a flat plate to press the old one flush with one side of the lollipop. Then press in the new bushing (which will press out the old one).

For removal, I would use a knife to cut up the old CAB rubber. That leaves a ring of rubber on the CA that can be cut off using a knife. For install, lube the shit out of it with Syl-Glyde and press it on by hand. I use that shit for everything rubber (CABs, TABs, coolant hoses, etc.). It will get absorbed into rubber in a few minutes and make a good seal.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Hey, Guys. Does Anyone have a trustworthy e30 mechanic anywhere in-between Sacramento/Lake Tahoe?? Thanks in advance

Comment

RGMW in auburn
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        RGMW in auburn
                        ^ +1 ^ Ryan is good!
                        1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                        1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                        1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                        1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                        2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                        2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                        2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                        2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

jpod999, where is that shop at Livermore? I am interested - I used to go to Performance Autowerk @ Dublin but Evan is gone so I need to look for a new one....
                          Current:
                          '88 325ic Silver 5sp
                          '17 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Past:
                          '14 Rav4 EV (with tons of torque!)
                          '06 325i Black 5sp
                          '02 S4 Avant Black 6sp
                          '00 Boxster Silver 5sp
                          '98 New Bettle Yellow 5sp

Comment

Josh @ HMBMotorwerks
                            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Plantgame- definitely go to RGMW. ryangmw.com

Mazzo- Eurotech Germán Auto Werks on the eastern end of 1st st.

I guess I should have mentioned in that case I took only the driveshaft to them, not the whole car.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                              X