Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man! trips getting close now. Land in Oakland on Wednesday 5th!!

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Does anyone have an engine hoist that I could borrow for a weekend at some point?
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I have an engine hoist in Fremont. It folds up. I also have a leveler.
        Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        Does anyone have an engine hoist that I could borrow for a weekend at some point?
        Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, lets start some discussion.
          Alfa Romeo has beautiful cars coming out in 2 years.
          GTV and Duetto appear be bottled sex. both come in a fantastic red... im looking at you M2 WTF dont you come in red? it's a sports car, it should be RED!!!!!

Anyways, I am not sure I can commit to a 70k car. Both of these will start in the same price range as the m240i but, with m2 looks, which should be in the more pallet-able 50k range.
          Which of these cars would you take?

Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

I like the front end of the Alfa more than the BMW, but the Alfa only has 280hp & 306 torque versus 335hp & 369 torque for the M240i. I'm taking the BMW.

Comment

The Alfa sedans look like bmws, and the 2 seat ones sound like ass. This is coming from an Alfa owner. They all suffer the same issues that all cars on the market suffer from. Zero rear visibility, a belt line that is a foot too tall, a blunt nose, and otherwise blah styling. (From my standpoint I see no redeeming features for either the Alfa or BMW.)

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                The Alfa sedans look like bmws, and the 2 seat ones sound like ass. This is coming from an Alfa owner. They all suffer the same issues that all cars on the market suffer from. Zero rear visibility, a belt line that is a foot too tall, a blunt nose, and otherwise blah styling. (From my standpoint I see no redeeming features for either the Alfa or BMW.)

Will
                +1
                everything looks like a mushy blob with "fast" chunks taken out now
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

there are reasons for this, mostly international safety standards

but fuck not dying tragically, right?

also hi folks i'm back, grumpy as usual
                  cars beep boop

Comment

As usual I don't have much helpful to say, other than a coworker just got a 4C and it's gorgeous.

Of the Alfa/Bmws, I'd drive both and buy the one that had (in order): manual, best handling, best drivability, best sound, best looks. But I'm weird.

I would strongly consider leasing either of them. I would not want to own either outside of warranty.

Eric, are you autocrossing this weekend? I'm bringing the Impalibu.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      Eric, are you autocrossing this weekend? I'm bringing the Impalibu.
                      i am not. i am in full prepare the car for sale mode. we are going to go test drive a 4runner, forester, x3, and droll on new m2.
                      in the works will be a ~2014 x3 / used 4runner / or new 2019 forester. but I am still open to other options. I have not been able to backpack in years and i need a car that does everything since we are going to one car and one motorcycle.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I have been a 4Runner owner since March and have loved every minute of it.

Gas mileage is sorta meh @ 18 mpg, but the superb build quality shows all around.

Plus it’s cool having a truck for a change. I’ve added on a number of things to it while keeping it OEM, though I’ll be doing Bilsteins (w/ fronts as coilovers) soon.

Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          ... since we are going to one car and one motorcycle.
                          Does that mean you're selling the e30?!?
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I’m going to be in the market for a new car soon as well. I was thinking 4runner but not sure if the ones I like are in my budget. Been looking at first gen Tundras as a fall back.

Thenn on the other hand I’ve been considering dumping money into the e30 or just selling it. Shit idk, I can never decide what I want to do. I’ve been getting 24-26 mpg with the auto in low-mild hwy traffic so its nice for going to work and back.

Comment

Me and RUFFLZ will slowly convert everyone to 4Runner life.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I'd have one if it fit into my tiny-ass garage

instead I had an xj. it was great but about as sophisticated as a covered wagon.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X