Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any r3v'ers in south OC that could check out a car for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any r3v'ers in south OC that could check out a car for me?

Hi there,

Anyone here really familiar with e46's, preferably m3's that would be willing to go take a hard look at a car for me down there?

I'm tempted, but its got a salvage title and an unknown maintenance history...

Or can someone recommend a good spot for a PPI?

Thanks!

Lyle

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
    sigpic

I can recommend ronin and or bavx for a PPI to name a few. great customer service from those set of people. GL

(Previous long term e46 owner)

Comment

I'd get a PPI from Michelangelo BMW in Lake Forest/Laguna Hills.

Richard knows these cars inside out. He can pick a car to pieces, regardless of how "clean" it is.

I've had my e30 serviced there and grew to only trust him over the years.

Excellent guy to deal with.

Richard
      (949) 770-3322
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

If you want a good once over where exactly in south OC? but realistically you'd rather want to get a PPI

Comment

Well, haven't heard back from the guy. I'll go full blown PPI if he gets back to me. Do you think its unreasonable to ask a seller to split a PPI when the car has a salvage title and very little known history?

92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
          sigpic

Comment

It's a toss up, if he does great if not he's not obligated to since california is a "as is" state.

But that salvage title is always a concern especially given the price.

Comment

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
              Well, haven't heard back from the guy. I'll go full blown PPI if he gets back to me. Do you think its unreasonable to ask a seller to split a PPI when the car has a salvage title and very little known history?

Yes, as stated, private party used car sales are almost always sold "as-is" here in CA. Some sellers wont even mention it has a salvage title unless asked. It's up to the buyer to do his homework.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
              X