Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

orange county mechanic?? or LA people need help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orange county mechanic?? or LA people need help!!!!!

Any mechanics in the oc area? Or a good shop that wont cost an arm and a leg to pin point my misfire?

My m42 has been having a misfire and I need to smog it this week...I have replaced, valve cover gasket, a few hoses, fuel pump, icv, afm, o2 sensor, catalytic converter, water pump, thermostast...I need someone to do a smoke test, check my igntion wires, coils, and a compression test..I might still have an air leak somewhere. Ive given up and rather pay to pin point my problem...
    Last edited by ///digitalme; 09-03-2014, 05:29 PM.

Have you called ronin autowerks? Theyve done a couple repairs on my 1602 for a reasonable price there in fullerton

Comment

Originally posted by mymonkey562 View Post
      Have you called ronin autowerks? Theyve done a couple repairs on my 1602 for a reasonable price there in fullerton
      They are $110/hr ...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I found a place across my job, they'll be looking at it tomorrow morning. I did find a stripped bolt on my valve cover..could that be causing my misfire? I suspect so

Comment

Update: got a compression test done and it was 180psi on all 4 cylinders... its still running rough.

Anyone know how to fix a stripped thread on the valve cover? Ill pay and drive to you..need to smog the car this week next week is the last week I can smog it....
          Anyone?????

Comment

Come over to 5150 Racing, you won't even have to leave town. Give us a call 714 623 7467
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
              Come over to 5150 Racing, you won't even have to leave town. Give us a call 714 623 7467
              Wait, you work there with Chris?
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
                Anyone know how to fix a stripped thread on the valve cover? Ill pay and drive to you..need to smog the car this week next week is the last week I can smog it....
                Anyone?????
                Based on this limited knowledge, I guess the valve cover isn't making a tight seal, thus lowering your oil pressure, which will cause it to run rough. That's an easy fix though, pull off the cover, take out the stud, replace. I have extra studs from my old motor.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Augie, go to Michelangelo Motorworks. Richard who is the owner loves M42s unlike anyone else.
                  23502 Commerce center dr, Laguna Hills CA 92653 [Suite A]
                  949 770 3322.
                  (Tip: bring all the patience and calmness with you when you go)
                  » PARTS FOR SALE
                  » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

If it's misfiring maybe replace spark plugs, sparks plug wires and coils?

-
                    Project
                    Parts for Sale
                    Feedback
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

I replaced the spark plugs with some bosch platinum 4417 I havent tried the wires or coils yet how can I test the coils?

Comment

Working...
                      X