Castro or JMP??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • s1uma1
    replied
    I'm slowly coming to that realization as most places are saying keep the m42. Maybe I should like for an e46 zcp m3. Lol

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    After doing swapped cars and driving them for years, I would no longer recommend an s50/52 swap. They are 17 years old at the youngest, and most are "tired". If you want a CARB legal swap, just get an e36 m3. Those are rad and do things that e30s cant.

    I'm probably biased though. I've had e30s, e36s, e46s, all m3s and base models. The best cars are the ones that didn't need motor swaps.

    For the record, an e30 318iS is still my favorite e30 platform.

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    After doing swapped cars and driving them for years, I would no longer recommend an s50/52 swap. They are 17 years old at the youngest, and most are "tired". If you want a CARB legal swap, just get an e36 m3. Those are rad and do things that e30s cant.

    I'm probably biased though. I've had e30s, e36s, e46s, all m3s and base models. The best cars are the ones that didn't need motor swaps.

    For the record, an e30 318iS is still my favorite e30 platform.

    Leave a comment:


  • IRON-E
    replied
    I've been to both for work and no complaints, hence the reason I said it's about the final bill and what is all included.

    Leave a comment:


  • ak_47
    replied
    I take my swapped e30 to Castros. They are great..So is the S52

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Paying a shop to do a BAR legal S52 will be another chunk of money too. I'd say right now the thing to do is to go for rides and maybe drive E30s with swapped motors so you can get a feel for what you may be getting into.
    I need a larger garage... =P

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Might not be a bad idea to sell the mint 318iS right now and use that to buy one thats done. Both wont be cheap to pay a shop to convert it
    Tell me about it. Seen a few M52 cars selling for $3k ish.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by s1uma1
    Not to mention I put a decent amount of money into it already...

    Paying a shop to do a BAR legal S52 will be another chunk of money too. I'd say right now the thing to do is to go for rides and maybe drive E30s with swapped motors so you can get a feel for what you may be getting into.

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    I'd be so sad to sell it! It's almost perfect right now. The thought of a s52 just keeps haunting me though. Lol.

    I know my 318is has a great chassis, no rust, no accidents etc... Not to mention I put a decent amount of money into it already...

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Might not be a bad idea to sell the mint 318iS right now and use that to buy one thats done. Both wont be cheap to pay a shop to convert it

    Leave a comment:


  • IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by s1uma1
    So both shops you would trust with doing a swap that could pass BAR?
    Yes, both have done multiple cars that have been BARd.

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    So both shops you would trust with doing a swap that could pass BAR?

    Leave a comment:


  • IRON-E
    replied
    It's all about what the bill will look like at the end, and what all is included.

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    started a topic Castro or JMP??

    Castro or JMP??

    Have been toying with the idea if a s52/s50 swap into my e30... i kno JMP and Castro both have a good reputation, but was wondering which would you guys prefer for a BAR'd s50/s52 swap?
Working...