Castro or JMP??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • s1uma1
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro
    Supercharged S50/S52 or even M52 seems to be most cost effective and good for more than enough power in an E30 if you believe in such a thing. What'd you pick up the S50 E30 for if you don't mind me asking?
    PM'd you.

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Originally posted by s1uma1
    I just pulled the trigger on a s50 swapped e30. Spoke with a referee and was told that s50 swapped e30's should be easy to BAR, since OBD1. He also said there wouldn't be any problem adding a Dinan supercharger kit after the fact.... no need to get re-BAR'd. So that's the route i'm going. Selling the 318is, get my s50 swapped e30, install some JP headers and a dinan s/c and all the while being CARB legal. =P
    Supercharged S50/S52 or even M52 seems to be most cost effective and good for more than enough power in an E30 if you believe in such a thing. What'd you pick up the S50 E30 for if you don't mind me asking?

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Well, I'll be driving behind you from now and on haha

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    I just pulled the trigger on a s50 swapped e30. Spoke with a referee and was told that s50 swapped e30's should be easy to BAR, since OBD1. He also said there wouldn't be any problem adding a Dinan supercharger kit after the fact.... no need to get re-BAR'd. So that's the route i'm going. Selling the 318is, get my s50 swapped e30, install some JP headers and a dinan s/c and all the while being CARB legal. =P

    Leave a comment:


  • mrcheezle19
    replied
    A properly sorted and executed S52 swap is the perfect e30 in my opinion. Will you have a lot of those "well while I'm in there moments" of course, but it's all stuff worth doing so you just do it once and do it right. I'd go that route and wouldn't look back.

    The only other option is with the drop in prices for a S54, it might makes sense to go that route if you have the pocket book. I would say that would make a dream e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    lol

    Anyways, back on topic;

    So, now you're teetering between a swapped car or a stock 325iS?
    Yeah. I try to convince myself i can sell the 318is... and i'm almost there, but everytime i drive it... i have to reconvince myself, especially since it's so dialed in now. Runs like new.

    So instead of selling it and getting a swapped e30, figured i could get a 325is for around 3-4K and start working on that slowly. M20's lighter anyways... i'd LOVE a red 328is w/ black interior

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    lol

    Anyways, back on topic;

    So, now you're teetering between a swapped car or a stock 325iS?

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    lol

    Anyways, back on topic;

    So, now you're teetering between a swapped car or a stock 325iS?

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    THAT's the most important aspect... yes, i agree.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by s1uma1
    I bet. I won't have to rev the snot outta my car just to keep up with you on angeles crest LOL
    you can get down the mountain faster too, when you have to take a shit after all that chili

    hahahahah

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    Originally posted by Dagamus(NM)
    Why not boost the m42? Put a turbo on it and make reversible mods so that you could return it to it's original state if you needed to sell it?
    I don't want to deal with removing and reinstalling every 2 years to smog my car... it's a pseudo daily driver so needs to be smoggable...

    Leave a comment:


  • Dagamus(NM)
    replied
    Why not boost the m42? Put a turbo on it and make reversible mods so that you could return it to it's original state if you needed to sell it?

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    I bet. I won't have to rev the snot outta my car just to keep up with you on angeles crest LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by s1uma1
    Appreciate your feedback. I teeter A LOT. Now I'm thinking about keeping the 318is and getting a 325is to complement. I'm sure the m20 feels like a rocket compared to the m42...
    The torque is nice. You'll love it.

    Leave a comment:


  • s1uma1
    replied
    Appreciate your feedback. I teeter A LOT. Now I'm thinking about keeping the 318is and getting a 325is to complement. I'm sure the m20 feels like a rocket compared to the m42...

    Leave a comment:

Working...