Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help!!

So I bought a 1987 325e to do 5spd swap, but parts don't fit. My engine is m20b27 and I have a gertec 260 with dual mass fly wheel. I got a differebt clutch kit twice and it didn't fit. Can someone please help me and educate me what do to get the swap done? I'd be very appreciat it. If you're in SD I can Accommodate you with pack of bear of your desire and lunch just by telling me what I need! Thank you very much!!
    Here's my number 858-366-564. Thanks again

Did you search the swap and why are you using a dual mass flywheel?
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
      Did you search the swap and why are you using a dual mass flywheel?
      I got it from this guy on Craigslist, cause the single mass didn't work on it and I had to buy the dual mass. The problem is I don't know what kind of clutch to buy. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by E30arian View Post
        I got it from this guy on Craigslist, cause the single mass didn't work on it and I had to buy the dual mass. The problem is I don't know what kind of clutch to buy. Any recommendations?
        Buy an LUK kit, should come with all necessary.

Comment

So I bought a 1987 325e to do 5spd swap, but parts don't fit. My engine is m20b27 and I have a gertec 260 with dual mass fly wheel. I got a differebt clutch kit twice and it didn't fit. Can someone please help me and educate me what do to get the swap done? I'd be very appreciat it. If you're in SD I can Accommodate you with pack of bear of your desire and lunch just by telling me what I need! Thank you very much!!
          Here's my number 858-366-564. Thanks again

wrong throwout bearing? what doesnt fit and what is in a pack of bear?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            wrong throwout bearing? what doesnt fit and what is in a pack of bear?
            That metal plate that goes over the clutch plate. Sorry I don't know the name of the parts :(

Comment

That metal plate that goes over the clutch plate. Sorry I don't know the name of the parts :(
              i think you're talking about the pressure plate...
              a new clutch kit should come with the clutch and the correct pressure plate. sometimes it comes with the throw out bearing and pilot bearing.

take a picture of the part that doesn't fit so we all know what you're talking about.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                ...what is in a pack of bear?
                can we get back to the important questions?
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                  can we get back to the important questions?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                    i think you're talking about the pressure plate...
                    a new clutch kit should come with the clutch and the correct pressure plate. sometimes it comes with the throw out bearing and pilot bearing.

take a picture of the part that doesn't fit so we all know what you're talking about.
                    YES!!!!! That's what it called. Anyways the small bump on the other part doesn't match the pressure plate!

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                      I got bohemia, modelo, balas point......beer of your choice :)

Comment

I got bohemia, modelo, balas point......beer of your choice :)

Whoa buddy, don't go switching on us now that you've already offered that pack of bear.
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

please help

those are the bears?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sagenev63 View Post
                            those are the bears?
                            In not into all kinds of bears though.

Comment

Working...
                            X