California Catalytic Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California Catalytic Converter

This topic might be beaten to death, having trouble searching on here.

Long story short a friend of mine is giving me a 1987 325. It has its fair share of issues the biggest one being he cut the Cat off years ago and tossed it along with the rest of the exhaust system. Soo I’m on the hunt for basically a header back California Carb legal system and am having a hell of a time finding one!

Anyone have any insight?

new to e30s but not BMW, I have 4 2002’s

You'll probably have to visit an exhaust shop that will weld a custom midpipe using a Califronia-approved catalytic convertor.
    Buying an aftermarket exhaust is not a problem, though.
    A factory exhaust manifold is easy to find.

I think you can switch to the double-pipe setup from the 325i, but I don't know if it's legal.
    Last edited by Vincenze; 11-07-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

If you are looking for a stock system, just find one 2nd hand off a parts car or something. That would be your best bet. There are several people parting E30's in Socal. It'll have to be private party though as businesses cannot resell used cats.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Magnaflow has them new.

Need a 1987 BMW 325i Catalytic Converter replacement? Shop all MagnaFlow 1987 BMW 325i Catalytic Converters to find the best price and quality for your 1987 325i needs.

Comment

Working...
        X